Director, Financial Planning & Analysis | FP&A for growing privately held Consumer Products Manufacturer/Distributor
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Duarte, CA
DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
*NEW EXCITING ROLE due to GROWTH and RELOCATION OFFERED!!
Our client is a CPG Manufacturer/Distributor located in Los Angeles. They are currently looking for a passionate and dynamic Director of Financial Planning and Analysis | FP&A who embodies their core values and is looking to join a leader in their industry. The Director, FP&A is primarily responsible for partnering with internal clients across the full business value chain to provide thought leadership and analytical insight that drives achievement of business goals. This includes the tools and processes to support the long-range planning process, annual budget process, as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual latest estimate forecasts. In addition, responsibility includes developing, implementing, and maintaining financial models and analyses of financial and operational metrics to evaluate and direct business performance. This role reports to the CFO and will have two or more direct reports.
- Partnering with the Supply and Demand leadership teams to collaboratively develop and manage the integration of their annual and long-range plans; tracking performance to plan; and data-driven decision making.
- Drive improvements to operating margin by identifying cost saving opportunities and opportunities for revenue growth.
- Create financial reports and other analytical tools to assist Management decision making, track key KPIs, provide compelling insight to the business and result in operational improvements.
- Continuously improving company's annual budget, reporting, and incentive plan processes. Establishes timeline, coordinates, and leads the organizational budget process. Point of contact and subject expert on budgets, variance reporting, and forecasting. This includes the tools and processes needed to support both annual planning as well as period reporting and performance tracking.
- Consult on financial review of business case justifications for business-wide projects with appropriate project leads to identify value and investment implications
- Establish a baseline and elevate financial acumen throughout the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 5+ or more years’ experience as Director of Financial Planning and Analysis [FP&A]
- CPG, food & beverage, manufacturing and/or wholesale/distribution industry experience strongly preferred
- Ideally public/private mix but open to straight Public Accounting from Regional to Big 4 CPA firms with above industry experience
- Experience with analyzing & developing financial business models, analysis of financial reports & [KPI] metrics and preparation of thorough reports used for senior management
- System experience with Microsoft Dynamics or other large ERP platform reporting systems are a plus
- Experience with Systems implementations, immigrations, upgrades and /or optimization a plus
- Exceptional Communication and Leadership skills to build a FP&A team, elevate, coach, mentor and delegate
- Advanced user of Excel: pivot table, vlookup, macros and VBA a plus
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
up to $180K+ DOE + Bonus