Procurement Specialist( Chinese/Mandarin - 2 Openings) for privately held manufacturing / distribution company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
Procurement Specialist (2 openings)
*Bilingual Chinese Mandarin Required
Our client is a large manufacturing and distribution company located in City of Commerce .They are looking to add an International Buyer to their Purchasing team. This role will report to the Purchasing Manager
Location: City of Commerce, CA
- Review MRP, sort by assigned vendor and utilize MRP along with B2B and historical data to ensure forecast /sales requirements are met.
- Issue purchase orders based on demand, provide all PO’s with backup documents to support buy to Purchasing Manager for review and approval.
- Prepare, scan, send and receive purchase order by assigned vendor; once confirmed file with complete back up documents in designated filing drawers in purchasing department.
- Print, review, verify shipping documents by assigned vendor, update status in reflections and work together with other buyers to collectively maintain the international inbound container spreadsheet.
- Review assigned vendor shipping plan(s) and update ETAs in reflections accordingly; email vendor if any shipping plan discrepancies.
- Liaison for proformas, ensure timely placement of PO and review weekly all outstanding POs for assigned vendor.
- Responsible for preparing weekly purchasing department Open Order Report and emailing to the team.
- Assist with international calls to vendors as assigned by Purchasing Manager.
- Receive NCR for assigned vendor, review for accuracy and if necessary prepare debit/credit/return authorization for Purchasing Manager approval before sending to vendor.
- Responsible for reviewing assigned vendors on purchasing department reports; including but not limited to; open order report, daily past due report, inbound container report
- All other duties, responsibility, reports, projects as assigned by Purchasing Manager.
Essential Duties & Other Responsibilities
- Inform PO status/delay/etc., information to sales and production at the time of updating system.
- Evaluate assigned vendor based on cost, quality, availability and reliability.
- Weekly review of non-nettable report for assigned vendors, ensure debit/credit/return has been processed.
- Review open order reports (R, 400) for assigned vendors and push out PO’s that have a later MRP “need” date and adjust incoming orders as needed.
- Monitor and challenge price increases received from vendors, maintain up to date and accurate pricing in the system. Inform upper management of any and all price increases within the week received.
- Maintain International vendor invoices, verify price and terms before submitting to accounting and keep and open line of communication regarding payment schedules with vendors to ensure we receive product on time.
- Work with all divisions and departments to establish and maintain purchasing plans for both outsourced/turnkey products and internal production/raw material demands.
- Minimize inbound transit cost while ensuring on-time delivery.
- Be liaison with assigned vendors to ensure accurate communication of product specs and requirements; Conduct international phone call via skype and WeChat to follow up orders with vendors.
- 3-5 years purchasing & logistics, sales/office administration experience.
- Should be proficient in basic computer skills and knowledge of MS package (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Understanding of procurement, shipment consolidation and logistics processes.
- Bilingual: English and Mandarin
- Attention to detail and ability to identify inconsistencies
- Mathematical and analytical skills.
- An individual that can work as a fast pace and under pressure in essential for this position.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work independently or collaboratively.
Our client offers full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision ,Health and Paid time off amongst other benefits.
Wednesday, July 7, 2021
Market Pay DOE