SVP, Head of Corporate Accounting [CPA req'd] for large Financial Services firm based in Los Angeles
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
SVP, Head of Corporate Accounting
Our client is a large reputable Financial Services firm with over $100B AUM located in Downtown Los Angeles |DTLA. They foster a healthy work life balance with great internal progression and excellent benefits. They are seeking for an Experience and Dynamic Senior Vice President, Head of Corporate Accounting who will be joining their Corporate Accounting Team.
They offer exceptional Benefits including 401K matching, Generous PTO | Holidays, Growth | Succession Planning opportunity. They are working 100% remote until further notice and no pressure to return to the office; however, it's open for use at 25% capacity.
Scope of ResponsibilitiesPersonal & Leadership Attributes
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer | CFO, the SVP, Head of Corporate Accounting will be responsible for managing the entire corporate accounting function on a day-to-day basis: accounting, SEC (10K, 10Q) reporting/public filings and accounting policy, working closely with the audit committee, auditors and equity/stake holders.
- Leadership and Management: Day to day leadership of the accounting function. Talent management, including people development and recruiting, will be an important component of the role, as well as maintaining a client service and results-oriented culture within the finance and accounting group.
- Financial Reporting: Oversee and direct internal and external reporting requirements including GAAP financial statements, SEC filings (Form 10K/10Q and others), IFRS reporting, creditor reporting, tax reporting, and any other public reporting or filing requirements.
- Accounting Policies: Interpret, develop, implement, and monitor accounting policies, processes, and procedures. Provide counsel on accounting-related issues, disclosure obligations related to business transactions, and financial statements. Strong knowledge of GAAP and SOX is required and working knowledge of IFRS is an added plus. The ability to interface with external stakeholders including SEC, FASB, FINRA and other agencies.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all policies and requirements and provide accurate, timely, and useful management reports.
- Business Process Improvement and Technology: Play a key role in leading accounting process improvements, change initiatives, streamlining processes, developing metrics, and creating efficiencies within the department. Previous experience aiding in implementing ERP and consolidation systems would be helpful. Partner with Information Technology to ensure the technical infrastructure and consolidation processes supporting financial reporting are designed to meet key control objectives and operate effectively.
- Audit: Assist in the preparation of materials for management and audit committee meetings. Manage day-to-day interactions with external auditing firm. Work with auditors to bring efficiencies to the audit process.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and a CPA, Masters/Graduate degree preferred.
- 15+ years’ experience at a public accounting firm and/or the accounting function of a publicly traded company in accounting and finance roles.
- Big 4 or Tier 2 Top 10 CPA firm experience highly preferred
- Strong accounting and technical expertise in accounting policies and reporting
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and required financial statement disclosures
- Track record in driving process and technology change within an organization
- Relationship Building; works effectively with strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives, talents, and backgrounds. He or she is known for doing what is best irrespective of politics and is comfortable with consensus building (at multiple levels) and soliciting constructive feedback; ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of participants including upper management, clients, other departments, and 3rd party providers.
- Communication; strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to present complex material.
- Independence & Collaboration; experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; must be able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times) while representing department and executive management interests and concerns.
- Work Ethic; focus on continual development, performance, accountability and self-motivation.
- Flexibility & Organization; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Intellectual Curiosity; energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues; must have strong problem solving skills; adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products; displays a technical aptitude that lends itself to learning and mastering new technologies.
- Driving Results; sets aggressive timelines and objectives to drive results, conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure; is a self-starter committed to achieving results and has a strong sense of ownership and follow-through
- Judgment; makes recommendations and decisions that balance a variety of factors.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Saturday, May 22, 2021
Competitive Total Comp >$300K