Senior or Financial Analyst for Global Professional Services firm
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Senior or Financial Analyst
*Multiple openings, so level/role/title determined by client based on your experience and background into Corporate Finance, FIC - Financial Information Center, or Strategic Pricing.
*Job description is a general summary as client LOVES candidates with Quantitative & Qualitative Analysis, ROI, NVP, Financial Modeling, P&L Analysis, and NOT so much FP&A (budgeting/forecasting)
Our Client, a global professional services firm located in DTLA is seeking dynamic and progressive Senior Financial Analyst and Financial Analysts to add to their large Finance Team.
Generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in company’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As Sr. FA/FA at the firm supporting the Strategic Pricing team, you will contribute your expertise to providing financial and project management support to attorneys for pricing and scoping engagements. You will be assisting firm management with data-driven pricing analytics, supporting financial modeling related to requests for proposals (RFPs), and tracking engagement budgets, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Supporting partners and the Business Development team on pricing discussions for new and existing client proposals through financial modeling, profitability analysis and strategic guidance
- Collaborating with partners and other attorneys to develop robust budgets and forecasts on engagements and provide regular updates on financial performance
- Partnering with internal Pricing Approval management committee by providing business acumen and analytical skills to support pricing decisions that align to both the client and firm’s objectives
- Developing best practices, benchmarking, and pricing framework for firmwide legal service product offerings
- Conducting post-engagement analysis by utilizing historical financial data and decision insights to assist in pricing of future engagements focused on improving financial performance
- Creating financial tools and templates using the latest technology software to expand current service offerings and streamline existing processes surrounding the firm’s pricing functions
- Performing market driven analysis to provide pricing insights on competitors
- Working with senior management to refine current work processes, develop new tools, and implement new ideas.
- Providing outreach, promoting the availability of revenue analysis and project management support to the partnership. Working with senior management to develop strategic pricing throughout the firm.
Qualifications & Criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration,Maths, Economics, or related field required.
- 6+ years related analytical experience in finance or accounting desired.
- Experience developing financial analysis/modeling and project tracking/reporting.
- Strong Excel skills are most important here
- Knowledge of Tableau,SQL preferred
- Experience responding to ad-hoc requests, developing analysis, and producing reports desired.
- Ability to perceive and analyze problems and develop alternative strategies to solve them.
- Strong organizational skills/project management skills to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines
- Well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus.
- Ability to work independently to research, analyze, and develop financial information.
- Ability to maintain flexibility with respect to assigned tasks due to changing deadlines, changing deliverables and changing task priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills quickly and effectively.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including effective interpersonal communications (e.g., active listening).
- General knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles and terminology.
- General knowledge of professional services business.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
- Exhibits an advanced ability to perceive and analyze problems and develop alternative strategies to solve them.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic a plus.
- Knowledge of Business Objects and 3E a plus.
- Occasional travel may be require
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
up to $120K + Bonus + PS