Sr.|Manager, FP&A growing privately held Consumer Products Manufacturer/Distributor
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Dallas, TX
SENIOR MANAGER OR MANAGER, FP&A
*NEW EXCITING ROLE due to GROWTH!!! Title flexible depending on experience. **RELOCATION OFFERED!**
Our client is a CPG Manufacturer/Distributor Headquartered in Los Angeles; however, they are expanding to a 2nd location in Dallas, Texas where this position will be based. Currently remote or in LA till Office is complete. They are currently looking for a passionate, solutions driven FP&A Manager/Senior Manager to join their Finance team.The FP&A Manager will be responsible to providing financial analytics, recommendations, and leadership support to the Marketing & Sales’ organization. In addition, the role is responsible for budgeting and forecasting as well as decision support of the broader organization as necessary. This role reports to the Director, FP&A.
- Providing Sales with financial expertise and recommendations that enable effective decision-making within the business.
- Evaluate marketing, sales/trade spend opportunities via ROI analysis, conducting variance analysis of budget and/or rolling forecast compared against actual performance; using analytics and financial modeling to advise/recommend management on decisions such as how to improve performance, minimize risk or capture new trade/sales opportunities.
- Must be comfortable performing complex analyses and able to articulate the results/findings in terms understandable to the clients.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage Sales & Marketing Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, and Operating Plan(s) processes
- Represent the Sales function in the review and assessment of monthly/quarterly and annual results, preparation of volume and trade forecasts and the build of Sales Bottom up Plans
- Own the financial analysis in support of Marketing, Trade Spend initiatives, customer P/L, and cost to serve.
- Train and educate Sales & Marketing teammates and potential subordinates
- Shape pricing development and strategy with insightful market analytics, mix/portfolio analyses, and ownership of the pricing model
- Support Innovation initiatives with analytical recommendations, modeling, and post launch metrics to deliver appropriate price points and profitability considerations from concept testing through development and commercialization
- Work with Business Intelligence to co-create and prepare ad-hoc business performance and dashboard reporting
- Increase productivity by developing automated applications, eliminating duplication, and coordinating information requirements
- Apply advanced modeling tools, metrics, and planning techniques to drive multi-departmental process improvements through best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 3+ or more years’ experience as Manager Financial Planning and Analysis [FP&A] preferably supporting Sales & Marketing
- CPG, food & beverage, manufacturing and/or wholesale/distribution industry experience strongly preferred
- Ideally public/private mix but open to straight Public Accounting from Regional to Big 4 CPA firms with above industry experience
- Experience with analyzing & developing financial business models, analysis of financial reports & [KPI] metrics and preparation of thorough reports used for senior management
- Experience with syndicated data, financial modeling and analysis
- Cost and manufacturing experience desired and comfortable with the manufacturing environment.
- System experience with Trade and Financial Planning Systems, Microsoft Dynamics or other large ERP platform reporting systems are a plus
- Experience with Systems implementations, immigrations, upgrades and /or optimization a plus
- Exceptional Communication and Leadership skills to help build a FP&A team, elevate, coach, mentor and delegate
- Advanced user of Excel: pivot table, vlookup, macros and VBA a plus
Thursday, August 26, 2021
up to $160K + Bonus