Sr. Analyst, Internal Controls for large reputable Financial Services firm in DTLA
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Senior Analyst, Internal Controls
Our client is a large reputable Financial Services firm with over $100B AUM located in Downtown Los Angeles. They foster a healthy work life balance with great internal progression and excellent benefits. They are seeking a Dynamic Internal Controls Senior Analyst within Corporate Team.
The Internal Controls Senior Analyst will be responsible for providing support to the Vice President and Managing Director of Internal Controls. Work involves leading or conducting internal control audit projects and providing input into development of the annual internal controls plan.
- Assisting in identifying and evaluating the organization’s financial reporting risk areas and providing input on the planning and scoping of the annual internal controls audit;
- Performing internal control procedures, including understanding and documenting client processes and procedures, identifying and defining issues, conducting testing, and concluding on testing results;
- Conducting interviews and walkthroughs, reviewing documents and evidence, and preparing working papers;
- Identifying, developing and documenting internal control issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed;
- Communicating the results of internal control projects via written reports and verbal presentations to management;
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships through individual contacts and meetings;
- Pursuing professional development opportunities via professional associations and internal/external training; and
- Performing various other tasks and projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field
- CIA and/or CPA from Big 4 or Tier 2 National public accounting firm desired preferably with Financial Services industry experience
- 3+ years audit experience, experience on SOX compliance and/or SOC 1 engagements strongly preferred;
- Ability to apply accounting principles and practices, management principles and preferred business practices;
- Proven capability in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems and drawing logical conclusions;
- Track record in planning and project management and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting deadlines;
- Strong skills in resolving problems and negotiating issues; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel, Outlook and other business software to prepare reports, memos and summaries.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong initiative and a self-starter with a proven ability to work with minimal supervision; and
- Flexible and team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism.
Monday, February 1, 2021
up to $95K + 15-20%B