Director /Head of HR (Bilingual Mandarin Required) for a large Food Retail chain
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- La Mirada, CA
Director of Human Resources (Head of HR)
*Bilingual Chinese Mandarin Required (verbal a must, written a plus)
Our client is a large Food Retail Chain with locations throughout California, Nevada, Texas, Washington State, and New Jersey. They are growing and seeking an experienced and dynamic Bilingual Mandarin Director of Human Resources to their leadership team.
The Director of Human Resources provides overall guidance to organization systems and practices related to workforce planning and analytics, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, individual performance management processes and engages in practices and initiatives that support, build and foster a culture that reinforces the organization’s vision and core values.
- Develop HR strategies and administer HR policies and procedures
- Assure and maintain compliance with federal, state labor and employment law
- Conduct investigations, provide guidance on performance conduct matters, facilitate the resolution of disputes, interpret company policy, etc.
- Works in partnership with legal counsel and other experts to ensure adherence to applicable regulations including FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, ADA, EEO, OSHA, Workers Compensation, etc.
- Administer payroll and oversee payroll related compliance and reporting functions
- Perform due diligence for new acquisitions including proper onboarding and benefits management
- Manage and improve HR infrastructure
- Design, Implement, and Administer Compensation and Benefits structures
- Employee Engagement and Retention Champion
- Provides direction and supervision to the members of the Human Resources team, including guidance on department goals and objectives
- Advises executives and other management level employees regarding human resources trends and issues
- Ensures equitable wage and salary structures
- Fiduciary responsibilities include reviewing and approving the Human Resources budget and expenses
- Directs an employee training program including training which emphasizes organizational development, management training, and team building
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned or directed by senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or a related field; PHR, SPHR, MBA in HR a plus
- Bilingual in English and Chinese is a must with Mandarin preferred
- A certificate in human resources from an accredited institution preferred
- 10+ years of overall HR experience with increasing responsibilities and strong tenure
- 3+ years of related experience in a similar Director/Sr. Mgr/Leadership role in an organization of 1000+ employees
- Expert knowledge of state and federal employment law
- Strong technical experience, HRIS implementation experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess a positive, professional demeanor
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a deadline-oriented environment
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
Market Pay +B (DOE)