Manufacturing Development Engineer for a fast growing company in California
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Manufacturing Development Engineer
Relocation Assistance is Available
The Development Engineer will lead metallic product development and process improvement projects to deliver growth opportunities for the Rings Segment of Engines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Candidate will lead project based studies to develop and deploy new technologies and new alloys with direct applications to the manufacturing of ring rolled forgings.
- Candidate will provide direct support to the manufacturing sites for investigating and troubleshooting production challenges and new part introductions.
- Candidate will involve working collaboratively with researchers and engineers across including Research Center and manufacturing sites across the US.
- The position is located at the manufacturing plant of Rancho Cucamonga in California and will require travelling between the different sites in CA, NV, MI and NY.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Material Science or Metallurgical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- R&D Project Management experience
- Minimum 2 years of physical metallurgy.
- Minimum 2 years working in development of new metallic alloy products and processes.
- Minimum 2 years working in microstructure/process/property relationships of metallic alloys.
- Minimum 2 years mechanical property characterization of metallic alloys.
- Knowledge of the methodology, tests and equipment used in the microstructural and mechanical property characterization of metallic materials.
- Knowledge of physical metallurgy with emphasis on interactions between alloy design, processing microstructure, and mechanical properties.
- Understanding of various manufacturing methods, including familiarity with forging and ring rolling processing and equipment.
- Ability to design R&D experiments, analyze data and identify important variables and physically significant trends.
Wednesday, October 13, 2021