Maintenance Supervisor(Bilingual Spanish preferred) for a fast growing Food Manufacturing company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Chatsworth, CA
Bilingual Spanish preferred
Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the management of activities relating to physical plant operations. The incumbent will have to equip the knowledge of purchasing, supplies, groundskeeping, and equipment repair, as well as people management skills.
- Be responsible for department’s KPIs
- Be responsible for the management activities relating to physical plant operations, including physical building structure, mechanical, electrical, ammonia system, plumbing and utility systems in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Be responsible for any assigned facility demolish and remodel projects and act as liaison between management, construction vendors.
- Handle daily facility requirements to ensure the facility is operational and all repairs are proactively addressed and pre-planned. Schedule preventive maintenance to minimize downtime for production.
- Source vendors to meet the project requirements. Partner with vendors to complete facilities projects within timeline, including remodel and construction projects. Coordinate with IT, HR, Finance, Production teams on any special requests.
- Manage facilities budget and project planning tasks.
- Ensure all building and construction related licenses and permits are compliant with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement practices that promote and protect health, safety, security and the quality of work life, the environment and organizational effectiveness.
- Oversee hiring, training, coaching, and disciplinary actions of department staff and/or contract staff.
- Coach and pass down experience and knowledge in order to create a team-based work environment.
- Support team members by working with them side by side on the floor and perform hands-on projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree required and Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field preferred.
- 5 to 7 years solid experience working in maintenance and proven track record of leadership in the food manufacturing industry.
- Experience with food manufacturing industry preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule depending on the operational needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills along with computer skills. (MS Word and Excel)
- Excellent organization and time management skills, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be hands-on and able to troubleshoot mechanical problems.
- Must be a team player with excellent people and organizational skills.
- Must be able to motivate, coach, train, reward, and recognize employees.
Monday, October 4, 2021
Market Pay DOE