Tax Partner [CPA req'd] for growing local|regional CPA public accounting firm
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Orange County, CA
Tax Director or Tax Partner
Equity depending on value / book of business. Also open to Tax Direction level with potential for Partnership.
Our client is a well established local CPA firm located in north Orange County, CA. They're seeking an experienced Tax Director or Tax Partner to join their leadership team.
When professionals move to a smaller firm, they will find more free time, moderate deadlines, and a better balance of work and personal life. With a smaller firm, you can still be committed to your career without sacrificing your quality of life as well as closer relationships to clients and colleagues.
The scope of the Tax Director or Partner duties include assisting with agriculture, construction, dairy, real estate, manufacturing, and distribution clients, in addition to many other areas. He/She builds trusting relationships with clients in order to execute the most effective strategies to help them achieve their goals. The firm is seeking for hardworking, inspiring and entrepreneurial leaders to join their team who truly want to grow professionally, and want to see their clients, staff and firm succeed.
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client service teams [approximately eight / 8] on engagements for a variety of clients including entrepreneurs, executives, partnerships, closely-held businesses, estates, and trusts.
- Plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects; provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; market, design, and implement tax-planning strategies for clients and manage to budget.
- Will conduct secondary review of, and have ultimate responsibility for, complex income tax returns including federal and multi-state filings.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, ensure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Be responsible for managing, developing, training, and mentoring Associates and Managers on tax projects, and assessing performance for engagement reviews.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Direct preparation of federal, multi-state, international corporate (consolidated and separate), partnership individual returns, not-for-profit, estate and trust, and others as required.
- Supervise and timely complete multiple engagements simultaneously including staffing selection and review.
- Complete complex tax planning research assignments with multiple alternatives and presentations to clients.
- Focus efforts on consulting with clients on moderate to complex issues; follow-up with innovative solutions to effectively meet and exceed client expectations.
- Direct all aspects of client projects, including but not limited to, delegating tasks and assisting with resolution of project issues. Communicate progress of work to partner(s).
- Keep up with emerging tax rules and regulations.
- Maintain, develop and expand client relationships.
- Meet with prospective clients and attract them by demonstrating superior tax skills.
- Act as a mentor to accounting staff, while providing constructive feedback and identifying needs for professional development.
- California CPA license required, MBT highly preferred
- 8+ years of public accounting experience preferably small, regional to national CPA firms with progressive track record
- 3+ years at Director level or above in client facing engagements including Corporate Tax (S-Corp, C-Corp), Partnerships (LLC, LLP), Past-Thru Entities, High Networth Individual to Trust and Estate, Misc Taxation
- No more than 2-3 years removed from public accounting and quickly ramp up to speed
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Expert knowledge of tax research software (i.e., Bloomberg, RIA, etc).
- Must be technically proficient in broad based areas of taxation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Presentation skills and strong organizational techniques are required
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed
- Capable of managing multiple client engagements in addition to completing tasks related to business development.
- Able to attain visibility and recognition within your industry specialization and in your local market.
Our client believe that the success of their staff are theirs as well; hence, generosity goes a long way. They offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to include medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, section 125 plan, Referral & Recruitment Bonus, CPE training, paid professional dues, and alternative work scheduled during the off-season.
COVID19 Note: they are working in office under full capacity with great safety precautions and social distancing.
Thursday, August 12, 2021
up to $250K or more DOE