Sr. Financial Analyst | Sr. Pricing Analyst [Hybrid Work Model] for reputable and growing Professional Services firm
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Senior Pricing Analyst [equivalent to Senior Financial Analyst]
NOTE: Our client is currently still working remotely with a plan to return to hybrid model this Fall (1-2x a week in office) as they see the value and productivity driven by Remote Working to accommodate staff
The Senior Pricing Analyst will play a key role in the firm’s annual rate formulation process, pricing strategies, managing billing activity against client expectations in partnership with attorneys including creating budgets, and responding to competitive requests for proposal. The Senior Pricing Analyst will participate in the annual rates process improvements, take the lead in certain aspects of the annual rates process and participate in developing pricing tools and templates to boost accuracy in future budgeting.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provide customized modeling, performance and benchmarking analyses to assist management to provide assistance in developing for annual rates update.
- Assists in the preparations of firm-wide communications on standard rate rollout (e.g., communication to socialize proposed standard rates with all partners and professional departments and public service announcement (PSA) for partners to communicate to clients).
- Assist in managing change control of client and matter rates by partnering with the Billing department to ensure the latest updates are in the system timely and with accuracy.
- Assist in auditing rates and error tracking from system updates and communicate back to the Billing department to update the latest findings.
- Take full ownership of certain aspects of the annual rate work streams and provide process improvement and documentations by working with a cross-functional team, including post-mortem reviews.
- Define scope and develop task-based budgets and recommend Alternative Fee Arrangement (AFAs) and custom pricing structures.
- Analyze and interpret comparator data, and adjust any anomalies.
- Approve AFA related bills and billings’ responses to client requests that might have more client or attorney sensitivities.
- Other projects/initiatives as assigned (e.g. determine causes of data quality issues and recommend improvements, assists in documenting processes and participate in process improvement initiatives).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4 year University/College is required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 4+ years of financial planning and analysis (FP&A) experience or related experience involving data analysis, rates/pricing and substantial quantitative modeling.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external clients including attorneys, management, professional staff, clients of the firm and vendors.
- Effectively manage internal and external client expectations and build relationships.
- Analyze current methods and processes, propose alternatives in a way that builds decision making consensus.
- Organize and prioritize multiple assignments, using judgment and initiative to accomplish results.
- Produce accurate work while meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
- Work independently and lead projects from inception to delivery with minimal management oversight.
- Project management skills are highly desired.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel (Pivot Table, V/HlookUps,) MS Access, SQL, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with large financial and/or budgeting system.
- Prior professional services or relevant industry experience is preferred.
BI/ERP Systems Tools Helpful:
- VoIP, web and video applications
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, OneNote)
- SQL, SSRS, R, or Python
- Budget Manager, 3E, and dashboard tools
- Project management tools (e.g., Asana)
Comprehensive Benefits Offered:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, HSA, 401k
- Variety of provided and voluntary benefits like life insurance, long-term care insurance and critical illness insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Child Care Benefit
- Paid Holidays
- Transportation Allowance
- Frequent celebrations, events and gatherings
- Health and Wellness classes
- Competitive compensation programs
- Generous leaves of absence policy
- Great Flexibility and Work/Life balance with programs offering such commitment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer-EOE and promotes Diversity, Equity & Inclusion-DEI amongst the workforce.
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Market Pay + Disc Bonus