Sr./Cost Accountant for large privately held PE owned CPG | Food & Beverage manufacturer/distributor
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Santa Fe Springs, CA
Our client is a large privately held PE owned manufacturer/distributor in the CPG | Food & Beverage category. They are stable and growing with good working environment and seeking a passionate Sr. Cost Accountant or Cost Accountant depending on experience so join their Corporate Accounting & Finance team.
Under limited supervision of the Corporate Controller, the Senior/Cost Accountant will apply principles of cost/manufacturing accounting to conduct studies and provide detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems by performing the following duties.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining item costs (single level costings) to assure accuracy of ingredient costs and labor as well as overhead content
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing actual results to standard costs
- Responsible for monitoring production yield and comparison to standard yield
- Monitors and reports the performance of labor and overhead standards as compared to actual costs
- Participates in establishing manufacturing performance standards
- Responsible for maintaining the cost accounting system
- Assists in period end closing, ensuring the accuracy of the manufacturing expenses reported
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods and services provided to determine effects on costs
- Provides management with reports specifying costs and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products
- Treats all customers (both internal and external) with respect, courtesy and kindness.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.
- Exemplify the BakeMark core values of Partnership, Performance and Passion in all aspects of assigned duties.
- Other duties as assigned to reach Company goals.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) with a major in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university, MBA a plus
- 5+ years hands on Cost Accounting/Inventory Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles [GAAP] & Cost Accounting Standards
- Ability to step back and see "big picture" understand and passionate about operations and how numbers impact the financials
- Ability to progress beyond this role and succeed into a Controller role
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data and present to management
- Strong written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Ability to analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong analytical, data mining skills, advanced excel skills [pivot table, vlookup, macros and/or VBA would a plus]
Our client is an EOE and offers full benefits:
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, and Life Insurance (Comprehensive healthcare benefits package, with many coverage options)
- 401K (generous retirement benefits)
- Competitive Wages commensurate with experience
- Client is NOT able to accommodate working visa sponsorship at this time
- Relocation candidates welcome to apply; however, client does not offer relo assistance for this role
Thursday, July 22, 2021
Up to $90K +B DOE