Director, HR [Hands On Role] for large publicly traded company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Miami, FL
Director of Human Resources
Our client is a large well established company with locations throughout the US. They are currently looking for a Director of Human Resources to be based out of Miami or Orlando, Florida. Reporting to the VP of HR, the HR Director will be responsible for enforcing objectives, strategies, plans, policies, and programs for the Company as they affect employees in the areas of workforce planning, recruitment, compensation, benefits, and engagement for Field Operations.
- Partners with HR colleagues and District Managers/Leaders to ensure consistency in the application of company policies, procedures and practices. Ensures that the company complies with applicable employment laws.
- Provides support, counsel and direction to managers on routine employee relations issues as well as policy/procedure clarification. Investigates and responds to employee issues to ensure a resolution. Prepares documentation and reports on investigative activities.
- Facilitates new hire orientations and communicates company information to new hires such as work hours, organizational structure, compensation, benefits, and policies and procedures.
- Participates in the design and implementation of programs that build employee engagement and retention.
- Conducts research, analyzes data and prepares reports as needed to support human resources initiatives and federal, state or local legally mandated reporting requirements.
- Assists management team in identifying and addressing employee relations issues to create and maintain a positive work environment, while consistently balancing the needs of the employee and the needs of the business.
- Maintain a presence in the field to assist in identifying morale problems and offer field management ideas and suggestions in developing meaningful action plans to resolve/enhance the work environment.
- Work with field management team to ensure that the recruiting effort, the hiring process and the identification and promotion of internal management candidates is executed and maintained to company standard.
- Coordinate with unemployment claims consultants as necessary, regarding state unemployment claims
- Provide guidance to District Managers in implementing and communicating personnel, compensation, and benefit policies and procedures throughout the zone.
- Act as liaison between the field organization and the Corporate Office for training, benefits, labor, workers comp, LOAs and employee relations needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Organization Development, Human Resources or other related field required; Masters and/or SPHR a plus
- 8+ years of human resources management experience preferably with large organizations with 1000+ employees throughout the US or Globally
- Experience with Retail, Hospitality, Restaurant, Property Management on a large scale highly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of all the disciplines of human resources
- Working knowledge of employment law including FMLA, EEO, ADA, FLSA, etc. required
- HR experience with multi-site/multi-state or retail is required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, and provide resolution quickly and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to analyze HR issues, provide information/direction, effectively express ideas, advice and solutions both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Proficiency utilizing HR technology and systems - HRIS, ATS, LMS, etc
- Up to 30% travel
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Big picture thinker who anticipates future trends and creates competitive and creative talent strategies and plans
- Strong analytical skills, including proven ability to develop, manage and interpret metrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build trust, maximize relationships, and interact with all levels, from hourly employees to senior management
- Trustworthy HR professional with the ability to handle and maintain a high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding sensitive employee information
- The ability to recognize opportunities and assess risks before they become trends
- Highly organized, good planning, time management and prioritization with the ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities with deadlines
- Leader with strength in coaching and supporting development for individuals and teams
- Personal flexibility and comfort in handling change with little notice
- Self-aware and connected with own personal working style and habits
Our client offers competitive compensation package, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. They are an equal opportunity employer EOE.
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Markey Pay + B DOE