Driver Recruiter for a growing 3PL, Warehouse/Distribution company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Carteret, NJ
Driver Recruiter Job Description
Our client is a growing third-party logistics (3PL) company with decades of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. They are looking for talented professionals who can help them stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today.
- The Driver Recruiter will be responsible for the recruitment of qualified company drivers and establish a pipeline for sufficient future driver demands. This individual will communicate with prospective drivers in order to recruit, select and hire qualified applicants. Must personify customer service and partnership by engaging all key stakeholders throughout the recruitment lifecycle in order to execute the most effective recruiting strategy and drive a flow of candidates for the selected regions.
- Conduct day-to-day recruiting activities, follow recruiting processes and act as a resource on all points of the recruitment cycle.
- Creatively source and develop a pool of qualified driver applicants through the use of traditional and non-traditional techniques including social media channels, cold-calling/direct sourcing, networking, job fairs, employment agencies, internet searches, postings, etc.
- Actively visit and recruit at truck rest stops, fueling stations, maintenance shops, truck parts shops, eateries, or locations where drivers typically visit.
- Answer incoming calls, make outgoing calls and respond to leads.
- Communicate our driver opportunities to prospective candidates.
- Maintain an accurate recruiting status log and provide daily status updates with respect to potential driver candidates.
- Determine driver qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Work with Safety Department to ensure all required application files are obtained and submitted.
- Position is full-time and on-site.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in sourcing, recruiting, interviewing and contracting Owner Operators and/or Company Drivers in a corporate environment.
- High School Diploma/GED-Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proven success in using creative sourcing techniques to produce diverse, quality, potential candidate pools.
- Strong engagement and partnership skills and the ability to both understand and deliver to the recruitment needs.
- Solid knowledge of State and Federal laws pertaining to recruitment.
- Understanding of DOT Rules and Regulations.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Meets deadlines, makes decisions promptly and effectively communicates with others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Professional demeanor to represent our company well to candidates.
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Market Pay + B DOE