Corporate Controller for growing private held Consumer Products Manufacturer/Distributor
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Dallas, TX
*NEW EXCITING ROLE due to GROWTH and RELOCATION OFFERED!!
Our client is a CPG Manufacturer/Distributor Headquartered in Los Angeles; however, they are expanding to a 2nd location in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas where this position will be based. Currently remote or in LA till Office is complete. They are currently going under transformation and modernization for a steady growth mode with vision to double. Upgrades in systems, processes and talent. They are seeking a driven and dynamic Corporate Controller to join their leadership team.
The Corporate Controller is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and accounting to maximize financial returns of all stakeholders by establishing accounting policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. This position will lead the development and maintenance of accounting principles, practices and procedures, cash flow forecasting and capital expenditure processes to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Corporate Controller will have contact with executive management and manage a staff which requires strong interpersonal communication. This person will play an important role in partnering with senior leaders across the business by providing them with timely, actionable, financial information to support key business decisions. This role will work closely with the VP of Finance position to improve the monthly integrated financials forecasting and annual budgeting processes.
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions.
- Evaluate, manage, implement and oversee Company’s accounting practices in compliance with appropriate US GAAP standards.
- Lead, monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources over month-end closing, day-to-day accounting, cash flow forecasting and capital expenditures, while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Managing assigned staff, including recruiting & hiring talented individuals (when necessary), providing training and development, evaluating performance, and motivating a high performing team to meet organizational objectives for diversity, performance, and productivity.
- Continually evaluate, develop and oversee policies and procedures consistent with Company’s financial objectives and strategic growth plans.
- Partner closely with all Business and Corporate groups to support their needs for transaction accounting, reporting, financing planning and analysis.
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements
- Monitor and audit payroll, A/P, A/R, Capex, Inventory, and other cash-related processes
- Perform other related and assigned duties as necessary
- Supervise and manage external audits related to the annual financial statements to ensure compliance with company policies and US GAAP.
- Lead and manage resourcing of ERP project implementation
- Reports to CFO
- 8+ Team with 3+ direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university; CPA required. MBA or Master of Accountancy preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant Industry and/or Public Accounting experience, including a minimum of 5 years of experience with a Big 4/national accounting firm.
- CPG and/or food manufacturing industry experience strongly preferred.
- System experience with Microsoft Dynamics and like-kind platform reporting systems are a plus.
- High intellect and curiosity.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- Excellent listener, open to feedback, and communicates with candor and respect.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Connects well with others and highly collaborative team approach to work.
- Excellent individual initiative and objective-oriented drive.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with a high degree of diplomacy and composure.
- Mentor and develop a fun, motivated, and high-performing, accounting team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Identify accounting problems or anomalies and identify appropriate solutions
- Identify control problems or anomalies and identify appropriate solutions
- Prepare and review a variety of comprehensive administrative and technical documents
- Prepare and deliver presentations to management and customer
Thursday, August 12, 2021
Market DOE + Bonus