Senior Accountant for a large profitable manufacturing company [Excellent Benefits/Work Life Balance/Partialy Remote]
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Santa Ana, CA
This position is responsible for participating in the month-end close process and for producing accurate financial statements. It will assist corporate accounting team with financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and typical Corporate Accounting daily activities. It is also critical to be able to reconcile customer accounts as part of A/R work..
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile customer accounts for residuals and clean up A/.R aging to reduce or eliminate past due A/R.
- Prepare assigned journal entries during month end close.
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Responsible for inventory accounting, including calculation of inventory reserve estimates and intercompany mark-ups as well as inventory and cost of sales related journal entries.
- Maintain the profitability reporting database (PCS) by entering, verifying, and balancing data between transactional systems, the general ledger and the PCS database.
- Close the Fixed Assets module in SAP. Prepare the fixed asset roll-forward and supporting schedules.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for Japanese parent company.
- Prepare and/or review intercompany billings and reconciliations.
- Prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations for various asset and liability accounts. Investigate and resolve outstanding items in a timely manner.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management reports.
- Conducts analyses and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, and other financial related matters
- Prepares forecasts and analyzes trends
- Reviews departmental actual vs. budgeted expenses & issues monthly variance statements
- Performs analyses that are complex and varied in nature
- Documents standard processes for routine tasks
- Develop data and assist in the preparation of the Annual Budget
- Prepare ad hoc reports, as needed
- Analyze variances from budget and forecast for review with senior management
- Assist with flux analyses.
- Prepare PBC schedules for auditors.
- Review and improve processes; automate manual processes if possible.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret data and to identify and troubleshoot issues
- Understanding of the basics of cost accounting/inventory
- Effective communications skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong documentation and organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge on SAP financial system
- Self-starter, highly motivated to learn and grow
- Familiarity with US and IFRS GAAP and general accounting rules and principles
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the corporate accounting department of a large, fast-paced company.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Automotive or wholesale/distribution industry experience preferred.
- GAAP/IFRS knowledge in related areas including inventory, foreign currency translation and consolidation
BENEFITS: Smart casual dress environment; work family balance, competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, tire purchase plan, and much more.
Thursday, April 29, 2021