Director of Finance OR CFO [IPO and/or EV Industry exp) for rapidly growing Pre-IPO Start-Up Green Energy company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Irvine, CA
Director of Finance OR Chief Financial Officer
Job Overview: Join our client's executive team in developing the strategy to support rapid growth and plans of IPO. As an integral part of the team, the new position of Director OR Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for strategic financial planning & modeling, building out a strong finance and accounting organization, and being a core stakeholder in developing the company's short and long-term strategy, investment and venture capital activities in preparation for company's Initial Public Offering (IPO). You will have ownership over capital funding, investor relations, FP&A and will ultimately serve as a partner to the CEO in setting proper goals for the business as they grow into the EV/Automotive marketplace. You have operating experience working in a high growth marketplace environment and previous experience in finance, capital raising, IR and IPO.
- Work collaboratively with leadership team to assess and model short-term and long-term growth plans, operational goals, departmental budgets and forecasts
- Lead company's financing efforts and ensure the business maintains an optimized capital structure. Lead future fundraising rounds with the CEO, while building strong relationships with current and prospective investors
- Play key role in developing the company’s corporate structure related to growth and potential IPO. Plans should take into consideration long-term tax strategies.
- Serve as the leadership liaison to Board of Directors in the US and Taiwan; effectively communicate and present critical financial and strategic matters at meetings
- Improve internal controls, accounting standards, enhance processes and reporting capabilities, including forecasting to ensure rapid growth and expansion
- Develop, maintain and ensure delivery against KPIs, business plans, financial models and budgets
- Lead, develop, and promote a culture of high performance and continuous learning among the Finance and Accounting team members
- Drive functional teams to achieve significant business growth while capturing cost efficiencies and implement cost management processes
- Collaborate with other Executives in Sales & Marketing and Operations to build hiring plans, forecast salary/commission/bonus compensation, assist with payroll activities and architect employee stock options
- Convey a strong organizational leadership presence that represents the Company.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field; Master's/higher education a plus
- CPA a plus with Big 4 or Tier 2 public accounting firms preferred (especially with VC and/or IPO experience)
- 10+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting and/or Business Operations, including 3+ years in a senior leadership role
- 5+ years of experience managing a P&L for a high-growth Start-Up/Technology with preference for EV Charging industry
- Experience supporting or leading roadshows/fundraising efforts, including managing relationships with current and future investors
- Experience managing, developing, and guiding high-performing teams
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to delegate, multi-task, lead and prioritize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong people person, highly effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Bilingual Chinese (Mandarin) a plus
Friday, February 12, 2021
Market Pay + B + Stock Options