Human Resources Generalist: LOA/Workers Comp Specialist for a growing 3PL, Warehouse/Distribution company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Santa Fe Springs, CA
Human Resources Generalist: Leave of Absence/Workers Comp Specialist
Our client is a well established rapidly growing third-party logistics (3PL) company with over 3 decades of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Transportation for Retail and eCommerce fulfillment (think Amazon). They are looking for dynamic and talented HRBP professionals who can help them stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today.
Job Summary: Coordinate, administer, and track leaves of absence. Process and track short-term and long-term disability benefits; manage cases to ensure compliance with federal and state laws. This role will work directly with employees and managers on any leave and workers compensation issues.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Process requests for leaves of absence, including designating type of leave.
- Maintain contact with employees on leave to monitor progress and prompt return to work date. Work with managers and Human Resources to monitor leaves and provide regular status reports.
- Prepare and mail leave notices (e.g., FMLA leave notices) as required to employees requesting leave.
- Create and maintain an activity file containing required documentation for leave of absence.
- Monitor and track leave of absences and follow up on required paperwork such as medical certifications, requests for extended leaves, and other required information.
- Ensure timely processing of short-term and long-term disability claims. Review documentation and eligibility status to determine whether an employee is eligible for benefits.
- Respond to telephone inquiries from employees and outside vendors answering questions and resolving routine issues. Work with managers and Human Resources as appropriate to resolve more complex issues.
- Compose reports and correspondences to ensure communication between employees, managers, Human Resources, and outside vendors.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- Coordinate early return to work efforts with the appropriate parties.
- Acquires treatment authorization for workers compensation patients.
- Responsible for handling administrative tasks associated with workers comp claims
- Bachelor's Degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in maintaining leaves of absence | LOA, Workers Comp
- Knowledge of employment law as it relates to FMLA and workers compensation
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Market Pay + Bonus DOE