Sr. Accounting Manager with growth to Controller for growing CPG Consumer Products | eCommerce | Distribution Company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- City Of Industry, CA
Senior Accounting Manager
Our Client is a growing distributor and importer of premium, high-quality consumer product goods in the health & fitness category. They are poised to grow rapidly with increasing demands for their products and Vertical Careers has the privilege of partnering with them to scale up their human capital with New Strategic Leaders. One of them will be a Dynamic, Motivated and Driven Sr. Accounting Manager, who'll have the opportunity to grow into Controllership.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Sr. Accounting Manager will provide financial leadership to all aspects of the Accounting & Financial Cycle to ensure optimal performance in the administration, collection, and analysis of financial data and initiatives. This role is responsible for effective operations of financial reporting, coordination of external/internal audits, general ledger reconciliation, variance analysis, and assisting the CFO in quarterly/annual capital and operating budget forecast & development. He/She will contribute to building profitable, long-term relationships with our clients to reach business objectives while supervising, developing, and mentoring the Accounting & Finance team.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and development of a lean, high-performing Accounting/Finance team that oversees general ledger accounting, A/P, A/R, financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Participate in the formulation and administration of accounting, auditing, and budget policies and procedures; develop, evaluate and implement internal controls that support the department in its ability to meet functional and reporting deadlines.
- Oversee the creation, implementation, and administration of accounting systems to improve the fiscal management capabilities and/or ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local ordinances or guidelines.
- Manage and support staff to ensure organizational goals are accomplished; provide opportunities for training, participation, and innovation while empowering employees to take initiative.
- Supervise and monitor departmental budget performance; maintain fiscal control and accountability for budget expenditures; develop budget forecasts and reports; provide oral and written recommendations on financial matters; monitor service contracts/agreements; and coordinate the development of performance measures and workload indicators.
- Advise departments, divisions, and sections on accounting problems, policies, and procedures; assist in the maintenance of proper internal controls to ensure the safeguarding of company assets.
- Design and conduct user training sessions for financial systems and processes, tailoring such trainings to the specific needs of the department and end-user.
- Contribute to the maintenance and growth of existing accounts by nurturing relationships with existing clients. Partner with Sales & Operations to drive revenue growth through identification of business expansion opportunities.
- Serve as a financial resource to various departments within the organization; provide information regarding a variety of accounts, revenues, expenditures, and balance sheets.
- Ensure departments have the financial infrastructure to support the business and that departmental goals are aligned to business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or relevant field or equivalent experience; CMA, MBA, CPA a plus
- 5+ years of practical experience, preferably in a manufacturing/wholesale/distribution, CPG, eCommerce industries
- Advanced skills and experience in oral and written communication including analyses, preparation, and report presentation
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret fiscal and accounting records and prepare clear and concise financial and administrative reports
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget, development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and payroll
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, operation planning, and cost reduction
- The ability to continually and constructively question and challenge current practices and processes
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical analysis software.
- Strong ERP Systems skills with conversions/implementations helpful (SAGE is a plus)
- Technical skills required to understand and propose product or solution by focusing on client requirements
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional attitude; service-oriented, friendly, positive approach and team-oriented
- Bilingual Mandarin helpful, but not required
Friday, July 16, 2021
up to $125K + disc bonus