Sr. Accountant | Senior Corporate Accountant for large stable CPG manufacturing company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Santa Fe Springs, CA
Our Client is a large stable manufacturing & distribution company deeply rooted for decades in Los Angeles. They have 2 openings, Corporate Corporate Accountant and a Senior Accountant to join their tenured and collaborative Accounting Team. The JD below refers to Senior Accountant; however, some duties apply and will also handle G/L, Financial Statement consolidations, M/E Close, etc. will be performed by the Corporate Accountant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the maintenance of assigned Branch’s financial records and timely reporting of the periodic financial results in a manufacturer/distributor environment.
- Responsible for the preparation of periodic financial statements and supporting input required for standard reports.
- Responsible for the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records of the Branch
- Assures that internal financial reporting is done within prescribed timelines
- Provides financial and analytical support to the Branch management
- Provides support to the Branch Manager in conjunction with the annual budgeting process
- Executes and monitors compliance with accounting and reporting related procedures
- Responsible for assuring the assets of the Branch are properly recorded in the fixed asset records maintained by Central Accounting
- Coordinates in the preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Reviews financial statements with Branch management personnel. Ensures reasonableness and accuracy of financial statements to their knowledge of underlying facts.
- Reviews information related to inventory. Cost of goods calculations, freight application, raw material valuations.
- Reviews Branch reports and productivity for enhancement and correctness with input to Branch management.
- Reports sales and use tax, property tax and other taxes and licenses where applicable of branches.
- Takes care of all in house tax related matters other than those handled by the company’s external tax firm. Handles and coordinates on tax audits for the company.
- Administrates the company’s online bank portal. Sets up and approves users. Downloads bank transactions. Administrates the company’s credit card gateway.
- Coordinates on Corporate Accounting department annual filings.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.
- Exemplify the Company's core values of Performance, Passion, Partnership and Initiative in all aspects of assigned duties.
- Other duties as assigned to reach Company goals.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- 5+ years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Manufacturing, Distribution, Inventory moving | CPG related industry experience highly preferred
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills: pivot table, vlookup, etc.
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
up to $85K [flex DOE] + B