Tax Analyst for Global Professional Services Firm in DTLA
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Senior OR Tax Analyst (level dep on experience)
Our partner client is a reputable publicly traded global service firm located in the heart of Downtown LA. They are seeking an experienced and competent Big 4 or Tier 2 CPA to join their growing Global Tax Team as Senior OR Tax Analyst after busy tax season.
Ideal candidate would be:
- 1-4 years Big 4 (but open to other CPA firms)
- Partnership tax focus (but would look at someone who was more corporate tax, individual tax or family office tax, no expat focused people though)
- CPA or aspirations to obtain CPA (but not required)
- Excel, must at least be at the pivot table, V lookup level
- Public/Private comb is fine
Position:Sr. / Tax Analyst
Salary: 70 -105K + bonus (DOE/level)
Benefits: you will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in company’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Senior or Tax Analyst at firm, you will be responsible for acting as a lead tax specialist for the firm with regards to preparing income tax return schedules, tax compliance, tax procedures, and tax research projects. You will assist the Tax Manager and Senior Global Tax Manager with daily responsibilities of the Global Tax Department, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Working with the Tax Manager to develop the Tax Analysts and lead them in their professional development endeavors.
- Acting as a mentor and leading the Tax Analysts to prepare accurate tax returns and ensuring appropriate tax compliance with regards to various tax procedures and research projects.
- Working with the Tax Manager to manage the firm’s U.S. and international tax issues.
- Working with Tax Manager to communicate and answer tax compliance questions for Partners.
- Analyzing data provided by the Finance and Accounting group and preparing tax schedules for the preparation of the U.S. federal and state partnership income tax returns, business tax returns, sales and use tax returns, and international tax compliance requirements.
- Leading the process of preparing and providing information to external tax accountants with respect to the preparation of the U.S. federal and state partnership tax returns and international tax filings.
- Reviewing applicable general ledger analysis and performing quality assurance procedures.
- Researching U.S. and international tax issues using CCH, BNA, and Lexis.
- Developing and maintaining a compliance schedule of all U.S. federal, state, and international tax returns. Assisting the Tax Manager with ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local governmental tax laws and regulations, including but not limited to income, sales/use taxes and unclaimed personal property.
- Participating in acquisition analysis.
- Preparing and reviewing the partners’ U.S. and international partner withholding tax calculations.
- Assisting the Tax Manager with maintaining the partners’ tax databases and historical information used by firm management.
As a Senior Tax Analyst, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Analyst must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting along
- 1-4 years of experience in public accounting at a multi-office professional services organization is required.
- A CPA or working progress toward a CPA is desired.
- Relevant experience with preparing U.S. federal and state partnership income tax returns is considered a plus.
- Related experience with international partnership and expatriate tax issues is also considered a plus.
- Excellent leadership skills; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; the organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines; and well-developed and professional interpersonal skills to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
- Have strong analytical skills with minimal supervision needed, and must be able to define issues while using a logical approach to develop and implement appropriate solutions.
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
$70K-$105K + Bonus