Talent Acquisition & Development Manager [Attorney Recruitment] for large global professional services firm
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Talent Acquisition & Development Manager [Attorney Recruitment]
Our client is a prestigious international law firm that is seeking a dynamic candidate to lead their associate attorney recruiting and development efforts for the Los Angeles office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Director of Attorney Recruiting, formulate, administer and maintain recruiting policies, procedures and practices consistent with the goals and objectives of the Firm.
- Collaborate with the Office Head, Office Hiring Partner, and practice group leaders to develop and implement effective recruiting strategies and searches.
- Manage the law school student recruiting process, including developing strategic outreach and communications with targeted law schools.
- Supervise coordination of summer associate programs and events, and organization of on-campus and in-office interviews.
- Manage the recruitment of lateral associates to meet the Firm’s strategic objectives and practice needs.
- In conjunction with the Director of Attorney Professional Development, coordinate and execute the attorney review process, helping to ensure attorneys receive timely and meaningful feedback.
- Regularly articulate and promote talent development programs to attorneys. Build awareness, understanding, and support for the Firm’s talent development initiatives.
- Work closely with office leaders to negotiate compensation and other offer terms for candidates, when applicable.
- Oversee and organize the mentor program for first-year associates and develop integration tools for lateral hires; coordinate with members of Talent Development to develop and implement the key elements of associate mentoring programs.
- Plan and manage summer associate and fall recruitment programs in the LA office. Work with office leaders to determine and monitor summer associate and fall associate capacity.
- Develop and manage annual recruiting budget for the LA office. Investigate, analyze and budget for new recruiting initiatives.
- Serve as the primary contact for the LA office for law schools, search firms and industry organizations (NALP, etc.).
- Oversee onboarding, new attorney orientation and exit procedures and interviews for attorneys.
- Work with the Director of Diversity & Inclusion to continue the Firm’s efforts to implement diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Manage the transition of attorney transfers and office relocations.
- Knowledge and involvement in our efforts to increase the Firm’s presence on social media, including posts.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A four-year college degree is required; a JD or advanced degree is a plus.
- 7+ years of experience serving in professional recruiting or career development positions with sophisticated law firm or professional services organizations.
- Extensive experience managing all aspects of the attorney recruitment process, including identification of needs, strategy development, candidate assessment, offer negotiation, and onboarding and integration.
- Expert understanding of best practices in recruiting, talent and career development.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a consensus-driven organization and to create consensus-based support.
- An unquestioned work ethic, willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and accept a wide variety of assignments as required and work closely with law students, associates, partners, colleagues and team members.
- Superior presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Proven management experience with the ability to retain, develop and motivate exceptional talent development professionals.
- Outstanding relationship-building skills with the ability to collaborate equally well with senior administrative managers and staff, partners and associates across the Firm.
Friday, September 3, 2021
Market Pay + Bonus