Director, Human Resources [HR] for growing industrial 3PL/Warehousing company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- City Of Industry, CA
Director of Human Resources
Our client, a growing industrial company located in the San Gabriel Valley is seeking an accomplished, dynamic and well rounded Director of HR to join their growing team.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Human Resources directs and coordinates broad corporate activities having as their purpose the planning, development and implementation of policies, programs and practices in support of the operating divisions. Provides counsel and assistance to other officers and to the operating divisions through specialized staff services. Manages the human resources, risk management, and corporate administration functions.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead and mentor a team of 5 including 2 HR Managers and 3 HR Generalists/Assistants
- Provide strategic direction to CFO and CEO/President in the growth of the company from HR Perspective
- Provide coaching in the areas of performance, retention, compliance, leadership and employee development.
- Conduct employee onboarding/off-boarding, exit interviews and implement training & development
- Ensure that the Corporation is staffed with sufficient qualified personnel to achieve its objectives. This includes recruiting, screening and selection, developing suitable performance appraisal systems, and maintaining employee records.
- Implement, communicate and administer HR policies and procedures, competitive employee group benefits programs for all of the operating divisions.
- Direct the property and casualty insurance programs for all the operating companies and manages loss control.
- Ensure that the Corporation complies with various labor, employment and immigration laws, ordinances and regulations.
- Resolve employee relations matters, while ensuring the company remains in compliance with all Federal and State employment laws, reporting requirements and all company HR-related policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ADA and Worker’s Compensation laws, rules and regulations.
- Handle Worker’s Compensation claims to ensure compliance. Communicate with the employees, and managers throughout the entire process.
- Manage and execute annual Open Enrollment Meetings and conduct monthly New Hire Enrollment meetings.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, with Advanced Degree a plus
- Experience: 10+ years of HR experience with increasing responsibilities, workers comp, health & safety, union negotiations, comp and benefits, succession planning, etc preferably within a 3PL/Transportation/Warehousing, Manufacturing/distribution or consumer products environment
- Management: 3+ years in a supervisory and/or leadership role with proven capabilities of leading, coaching, mentoring staff and results oriented as a strategic business partner to Executive Management
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Professional demeanor; excellent time management, communication, interpersonal, planning and organizational skills; ability to maintain positive working relationships with customers, employees and vendors; ability to work cooperatively with the management team to achieve established goals
Abilities & Skills:
- Must be an expert with HR-related policies and procedures within industrial labor environment
- Must have knowledge and experience handling FMLA, CFRA, ADA, and PDL leaves.
- Experience handling employee count of 500+ preferred
- Strong business acumen and proven leadership skills
- Professional level of confidentiality in handling associate information
- Ability to prioritize and organize work load in order to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment; ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple priorities
Friday, August 23, 2019
up to $150K +B (DOE)