Accounting Manager groomed for Controller for profitable & growing Construction Company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Ontario, CA
Why is this a great opportunity:
- The company is growing and profitable backed by PE firm (Currently at $100M in revenue)
- Opportunity to work for a down to earth strong mentor – CFO ex-Big 4 CPA
- Excellent room for growth (groomed to Controller within 2-3 yrs)
- Work/Life balance and flexibility
Our client is a stable and profitable privately held PE backed Construction company well rooted in the Inland Empire that puts people first: Employees, Family, Customers, Vendors etc. They are seeking an highly motivated, results driven and hands on Accounting Manager. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will be leading and managing the finance department. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for career growth and is inspired to drive excellence to the company.
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations of the company, production of financial reports and maintaining strong accounting systems and records.
- Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- This position will be a part of strategic financial planning and assist in overseeing financial operations and systems of the entire company.
- Manage the teams of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and oversee all internal and external audits
- Prepare monthly financial reports, general ledger reconciliations, and analytical reports
- Maintain financial security by adhering to internal controls, recommending enhancements, and developing efficient financial operation processes
- Manage cash flow, oversee cash flow forecasting and revenue projections
- Analyze financial information and advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives
- Evaluate and develop internal control processes and documentation
- Hire, train and evaluate accounting staff ensuring they have the adequate tools and resources to function at a high level of excellence
- Assist the CFO on special projects and drive the implementation of process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field
- CPA or on track to CPA preferred
- 5+ years with public accounting experience highly desired, public/private mix a plus
- Industries verticals in construction or engineering preferred
- Strong ERP Systems (assistance with implementations helpful), Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (pivot table, vlookup, etc.)
- Strong analytical, independent thinker and process improvement oriented
- Ability to learn business, adapt quickly and grow with company/role
Our client offers competitive pay along with strong benefits: 401K matching, Medical, Dental, Visision, Life, FSA, Discretionary Bonus, etc.
Note: This is a Working in Office role with COVID-19 Precautions are applied in Office.
- Face mask or Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Thursday, June 17, 2021
up to $100K + Bonus