Senior Manager, FP&A | Finance for a growing division of $5B publicly traded Global Manufacturer
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Irvine, CA
Senior Manager, FP&A [Financial Planning & Analysis]
Our Client is a growing Aerospace division of a multibillion publicly traded Global Electronics Manufacturer located in Irvine, CA. They are seeking for a seasoned Financial Planning & Analysis Senior Manager to build financial databases by identifying sources of information; assembling, verifying, and backing up data that provides a singular repository of information when analyzing the business. Recommends financial actions by assessing options in relation to organization goals. Prepares financial reports by collecting, formatting, analyzing and explaining information. Provides Senior Management with a forecast of the company’s profit and loss (income statement) and operating performance for the upcoming quarter and year. These forecasts inform management on the progress and effectiveness of the company's strategic plans and investments.
- Define monthly/quarterly reporting package used by Management to help monitor business performance.
- Ensure that financial packages with appropriate explanations
- Define KPIs for the business that are in line with Company initiatives and strategic goals. Put in mechanism to report KPIs
- Develop daily flash for the business by Channel, Business Unit and Product lines
- Balanced Scorecard reporting
- Work with the Controller to identify potential risk areas in business. Provide needed focus through reporting to help mitigate potential risks.
- Ensure that there’s the appropriate level of reporting to avoid diluting the message with excessive reports.
- Ensure that appropriate level of reporting is available for leadership meetings
- Provide standard business performance analysis including spend analysis
- Develop analytical tools to understand drivers for ASC 606 Revenue recognition
- Develop analysis to understand Gross Profit drivers Consolidated, by Channel and by Business Unit
- Determine whether New Product Introductions (NPIs) are meeting projections and generating expected return
- Provide Business analysis and modeling
- Ad Hoc analysis as required by the Controller
- Provide Breakeven and Contribution Margin analysis
- Help determine Working Capital for business
- Determine acceptable level of capital and capital allocation to drive organic growth
- Tie in operational performance to value creation
- Lead process to provide monthly / quarterly forecasting.
- Income Statement; Balance Sheet; Cash Flow
- Capital investments
- Be a major contributor to the business planning cycle (Income Statement, Balance sheet, and Cash Flow).
- Assist the Controller to come up with annual business expectations to meet profit and cash requirements
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales to derive a sales plan with actions and strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, MBA and/or CPA certification preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience working in financial modeling, analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Multi-site experience preferred. Must have experience working with a company that has revenue in excess of $50 million.
- Must understand the relationship of the 3 Financial Statements (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow), have strong accounting background, exceptional financial modeling skills, and understand key finance concepts such as NPV, IRR, WC, ROI, ROE, etc.
- Proven track record of working in a large team environment to implement change via financial analysis.
- Must have strong quantitative analytical skills, excellent strategic capabilities and planning abilities as well as proven ability to work effectively across functions and effectively utilize fiscal tools, models, and reports to make recommendations.
- Excellent communication/telephone/presentation skills, ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Excellent organizational/project management skills/ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Must have advanced use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook computer skills.
- The individual must have a demonstrated ability to take on great amounts of data and be able to simplify it and communicate it to non-finance stakeholders.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Thursday, April 15, 2021