Controller (CPA desired | Hybrid work schedule) for growing trendy CPG manufacturing company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Corporate Controller/Director of Financial Reporting & Analysis (CPA desired)
Our client is a private equity backed, trendy CPG: consumer product goods manufacturer/retailer/eCommerce located in Downtown LA with hybrid 3 days in office/2 days remote and 1/2 day Fridays during Summer. They have been established for over 25 years and are seeking a dynamic and motivated individual as Corporate Controller to join their Finance team reporting directly to the CFO, a former Big 6 CPA, who believes in strengthening the team, grooming and mentoring for growth. This would be a great step up opportunity for an Assistant Controller ready for next level OR Audit Manager making a transition out of public.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Finance Director/ Controller will oversee company’s financial results, ensure monthly reporting objectives and management expected analyses are delivered accurately on time. Recommend actions for improving efficiencies/profitability across all brands and businesses, adding value to the business. The assessment and improvement of current internal controls and procedures will be expected. This candidate will be a key member of the finance/accounting team and must be self-directed as well as be highly motivated to assume a leadership role in the strategic financial management of the company. This individual needs to be tech savvy and understand the importance of the company’s multi-channel goals and alignment of finance with the strategies.
- Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will oversee all aspects of company finances and ensures control over company’s financial statements, assets and systems.
- Maintains the company’s system of accounts and recommends new methods for improving reporting and analysis.
- Manage all accounting operations including G/L, A/R (including credit and collections), A/P, Cash reporting, Bank accounts, 3rd party lender, banks, auditors, etc.
- Prepare and assist CFO with Budgets, Forecasts and analysis including supporting schedules
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements, budget/forecast vs. actual variance analysis and reporting of key performance indicators
- Ensures the accuracy of accounting systems and financial reporting and develops internal controls and financial reporting policies and procedures to enhance operational efficiency.
- Prepare management reports on a monthly, quarterly (board pack) and annual basis
- Consolidation reporting and analysis (US & UK)
- Oversee and report the opex spend by dept and by channel, providing variance analyses to forecast/ budget
- Monitor cash flow, bank accounts, and other financial transactions
- Responsible for the company’s federal, state and local tax compliance, including managing external tax advisors
- Supervise financial team and other employees in the facilitation of day to day operations, including the tracking of financial data, invoicing, payroll, AR, AP, banking, treasury, tax filings, audit, etc.
- Review all key contracts and agreements on a regular basis.
- Assist management with adhoc value add projects
- Responsible to recruit, train and develop a new efficient accounting team
- Ability to lead an entire Accounting Function and be a business partner to operations
- Change agent with a results orientation – proven capacity to get things done
- Lead FP&A (budgets/ forecasts); prepare board packs and management summaries
- B.A. in Accounting/Finance. CPA license preferably active status or willing to
- 8+ years of track record of progressive preferably with public accounting background coupled with private sector experience within inventory moving environment: manufacturing, wholesales/distribution, retail/ecommerce, 3PL, etc.
- 3+ years as a Controller/ Assistant Controller or Finance Director in a Small to Medium size company with >$20M revenue.
- International consolidation experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP and exposure to IFRS (UK GAAP)
- E-Commerce, wholesale, manufacturing or retail (consumer products) experience preferred
- Well organized, accurate and detail oriented; must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to effectively interact with the C level executives
- Experience with fostering a relationship and managing the current financial staff
- Candidate must be willing to take a hands-on approach to the job and truly enjoy working in accounting and leading a team
Thursday, September 2, 2021
Market Pay + Bonus