Senior Accountant for large Financial Services firm based in Los Angeles
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Senior Accountant - Corporate Accounting
Our client is a large reputable Financial Services firm with over $100B AUM located in Downtown Los Angeles |DTLA. They foster a healthy work life balance with great internal progression and excellent benefits. They are seeking for a driven Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting who will be joining their Corporate Accounting Team. S/He will focus on financial reporting and accounting policy.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of external reporting requirements, including SEC filings (Forms 10-Q, 10-K, and others), debt covenants and reporting packages, and any other public reporting or filing requirements;
- Assist in the research and documentation of new standards and other technical accounting matters, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements;
- Interact with internal and external auditors on SEC disclosures, controls and documentation in review of financial footnotes and related disclosures;
- Review XBRL tagging in SEC filings for accuracy and completeness;
- Liaise with tax and treasury, corporate finance, fund accountants, and other relevant departments to ensure that disclosure documents are accurately reported;
- Participate in the management company close process, including assisting with the accounting for stock-based compensation, long term incentive plan, debt obligations, and leases;
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives and prepare ad hoc financial analyses as required for monthly and quarterly management reporting; and,
- Participate in special ad hoc projects and analysis to support the senior and executive management teams as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (and/or equivalent experience). CPA required.
- 3+ years’ relevant accounting or audit experience, preferably 2 or more years public accounting experience from Big 4 or Top 10 CPA firms.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC (10K, 10Q) reporting requirements, account analysis, and accounting policy;
- Strong ability to interpret and apply GAAP accounting guidance;
- Solid reconciliation and analytical skills to understand and resolve complex problems;
- Specific experience with Workiva, BPC and Workday systems a plus; and,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The successful candidate must have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle complex work efficiently and effectively;
- Be a committed team player with a strong work ethic;
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative, ask questions, detect problems and provide solutions;
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources and manage projects/processes under tight deadlines; and,
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively both individually and as a team.
Our client is an EOE committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment.
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
up to $105K DOE + B