Sr. HR Business Partner [HRBP]-CDL Drivers/DOT for growing 3PL, Warehouse/Distribution company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- South Gate, CA
Sr. Human Resources Business Partner -CDL Drivers/DOT
Our client is a well established rapidly growing third-party logistics (3PL) company with over 3 decades of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Transportation for Retail and eCommerce fulfillment (think Amazon). They are looking for dynamic and talented HRBP professionals who can help them stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today.
The HR Business Partner- DOT position will support assigned locations with various human resource functions by providing front line response in the areas of employee relations, performance management, benefits, leaves of absence, training, record tracking, policy interpretation, procedure implementation, personnel actions and other areas within the HR department. This position will focus on company and owner/operator CDL drivers within our company brands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as first point of contact for all driver related issues including, but not limited to: harassment, wage & hour concerns, leaves of absence, injuries, onboarding, terminations, attendance, investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Conduct employee investigations; gather witness statements, make recommendations regarding next steps.
- Ensure compliance with various state and federal wage/hour laws, signage, postings, etc.
- Assist with the implementation of department and company goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Manage company-wide performance management process, including Performance Improvement Plans and corrective actions.
- Provide support and coaching to managers in employee related issues.
- Work with facility leaders to strategically manage headcount and temporary staffing needs.
- Assist with creation and implementation of HR focused and company based policies and procedures.
- Assist Managers with termination paperwork, exit interviews and off-boarding process.
- Participate in unemployment, wage/hour and EEOC hearings.
- Assist with company-wide harassment and employee development training program.
- Manage and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity.
- Create and assist in the evaluation of reports.
- Assist with keeping organization charts current.
- Advise employees and management in the interpretation of human resources policies, programs, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform tasks and duties of a strategic nature and scope as required.
- Spanish fluency preferred
- Position is full-time and on-site
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; HR Certification (PHR/SPHR) highly desired.
- 7+years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience supporting CDL driver population required.
- Strong understanding of DOT and FMCSR regulations.
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Market Pay + Bonus DOE