Senior/Financial Analyst for growing 3PL, Warehouse/Distribution company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Mira Loma, CA
Sr. /Financial Analyst Job Description
Job Title: Financial Analyst or Sr. Financial Analyst DOE
Reports To: Sr. Director of Finance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Compiles and analyzes financial information for an organization by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates financial pricing models for new potential customer RFP’s (request for proposals) and for re-rating of existing customer agreements. This person is the finance lead and works with multiple sources to efficiently pull together accurate RFPs for transportation and distribution customers.
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. Assists in the monthly close process to ensure financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Tracks financial and operating status by monitoring variances from plan.
- Identifies trends and developments within the Operation and various profit/cost centers and presents the findings and recommended improvements to senior management.
- Performs weekly financial forecasting and reconciliation of internal accounts.
- Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
- Prepares timely and accurate reports, plans, and forecasts for internal and external constituents.
- Analyzes financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Collaborates with operational leadership to analyze, prepare (bottom up approach) and present the annual financial plan and capital budget.
- Evaluates complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements.
- Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies including the ROI.
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Has knowledge of and can apply commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the finance and accounting field.
- Collaborates heavily with operational leadership to provide quality tools to expedite and improve decision-making.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferably with 3PL, Logistics, Transportation or Warehouse/Distribution industry experience.
MAS 500 Accounting software, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Access and MS Word software.
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
up to $95K DOE/Disc Bonus