Global Conflicts & Resolutions Analyst for Global Professional Services firm
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Please Note the office hours for this position will be Monday - Friday, 2:00 - 10:00 pm
Our Client, a $3B+ global professional services firm located in DTLA. They are stable and continuing to hire despite the impact of COVID19; however, will be a lot more selective so PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO APPLYING.
The company offers a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Benefits include healthcare, life and disability insurance, flex spending accounts, profit sharing, a 401k plan, etc.,10 paid holidays, and a PTO program that accrues 23+ days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
The Conflicts Analyst will contribute your expertise to analyzing, interpreting, and acting upon conflicts reports regarding incoming attorneys and new client business. The Analyst communicates with attorneys responsible for matters that present a potential conflict; evaluates information obtained from attorneys; and assists with the resolution of all conflicts issues that arise during the attorney hiring and new business processes. Your responsibilities as a Conflicts Analyst will include these and other critical functions:
- Validating the requirements for the conflicts check with the attorney requesting the report, covering issues such as lateral candidate portable or non-portable business and new client co-parties, adverse parties, and subsidiaries or affiliated entities.
- Preparing the request to, and following up with, Conflicts Department staff regarding potential new business clients or matters, and lateral candidates’ client lists or affiliated parties to be checked.
- For lateral attorney candidates, communicating with the candidate regarding the Firm’s need for complete and accurate client and related parties information and in distinguishing portable and non-portable business.
- Administering the conflicts review for all lateral attorney candidates, which includes assisting the candidate with completion of the conflicts questionnaire, providing oversight to Conflicts staff generating the lateral candidate conflicts report, analyzing the report and summarizing its content, working with Ethics Committee and other attorneys sponsoring the lateral candidate, and resolving potential conflicts with attorneys representing current clients.
- Obtaining the necessary guidance from attorneys or other Conflicts staff with understanding the requirements to properly evaluate the conflicts check (lateral candidate, potential client, potential adverse party, etc.)
- Analyzing Conflicts reports to determine those matters that require additional review, communicating follow-up questions to attorneys, or suggesting Ethics Committee action.
- Conducting research regarding corporate entities that are subject to conflicts review using a variety of electronic databases, the Internet, and print sources.
- Analyzing and replying to attorneys’ responses concerning any potential or actual conflict.
- Preparing a summary of information from the conflicts report analysis and follow-up responses, and reporting the information to the attorney who made the request.
- Communicating with attorneys by presenting a brief, clear statement of potential conflicts situations recognized in the conflicts reports.
- Serving as a mentor to junior Analysts and assists with their orientation and training.
- Supporting project requests from the Ethics Committee, Client Intake Committee, the department’s Chief Officer, and others.
- Completing special projects on various topics as needed.
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
Qualifications & Criteria:
- 3+ years relevant library or paralegal experience performing research functions, or related law firm experience is desired.
- A Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree may be considered in lieu of related law firm experience. Knowledge and proficiency of PC applications, including MS Office is required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude.
- Must exhibit an advanced ability to perceive and analyze problems and develop alternative strategies to solve them, well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, the ability to effectively interface with attorneys, management, support staff and outside contacts, as well as organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
up to $100K (may flex) + Bonus