- Clarksville, GA
Veterinary position available in a most desirable location! Escape to the North Georgia foothills where clients are kind, and the scenery is gorgeous. We are in the middle of an outdoor haven, but less than 2 hours from Atlanta and Greeneville.
We are interested in an associate who is focused on providing outstanding patient care by offering the latest in treatments and diagnostics. Cornelia Veterinary Hospital is committed to providing high quality and compassionate veterinary care to our community. Our four doctors and support team will do this with a cheerful and caring spirit, always treating our clients and patients as we would treat our own family and pets.
We are equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, in-house bloodwork, iM3 GS Deluxe dental unit, Doppler blood pressure, and tonopen. We believe strongly in mentorship and cultivating a positive work environment. We perform daily rounds and encourage CE opportunities at every level.
Our support staff is friendly and well trained with your success at heart. We are looking for a new teammate with an upbeat “We can do it!” attitude. If you would love to be part of our friendly, dedicated, and hard-working team, we would love for you to join us!
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Georgia
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients in a compassionate manner
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Proficiency in surgery a plus
Competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Friday, April 9, 2021