Business Systems Analyst
Vital Tech Solutions
- Frankenmuth, MI
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
Location: Michigan / Remote
The Business Systems Analyst gathers and analyzes functional and technical information to help design and support information technology solutions, as a bridge between people, process, and technology.
- Collaborates with business users, gathering business requirements and providing direction regarding Guidewire Insurance Suite - PolicyCenter 10.0 implementation.
- Assists with Guidewire PolicyCenter development, configuration, customization, integration, implementation, enhancement, deployment, and production support. May assist with Guidewire ClaimCenter and/or BillingCenter or other integrations.
- Analyzes and documents business needs and translates them into technical requirements.
- Conducts Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), walkthroughs, interviews, etc. Participates in Agile/Scrum processes, stand ups, sprint planning, product backlog, retrospectives, etc.
- Develops and/or reviews Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Specifications (FSD), Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Systems Design Specifications (SDS), and/or Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Develops user stories, story cards, artifacts, workflows, Use Cases, UML diagrams (activity, sequence, etc.), data mapping, business rules, modeling, UI wireframes/mockups/prototypes, etc. Utilizes Rally, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Performs gap analysis, as-is/to-be analysis, feasibility analysis, and risk analysis.
- Documents project progress which may include burn down/burn up and velocity charts.
- Involved with project planning, scheduling, tracking, and sign-offs as needed.
- Shares knowledge of Guidewire PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter, and/or BillingCenter modules.
- Collaborates with Developers and QA Testers, to clarify systems capabilities and resolve issues.
- Reviews QA test plans and coordinates QA testing. Collaborates with offsite teams.
- Involved with system testing, data validation, defect triage and work arounds.
- Candidates should have 2+ years’ experience with recent Policy Center v10.0
- Candidates should have experience in the Commercial Lines of the Insurance business
- Good business requirements gathering and mapping
Friday, August 20, 2021