Vital Tech Solutions
- Detroit, MI
Job Title: Network Administrator
Location: Detroit, MI
Under the general direction of the Lead Network/Server Specialist, provides network and computer systems support for end-users. Resolves hardware and software problems. Performs maintenance, support and LAN administration for network and associated equipment.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manages network security initiatives and implementation which will include:
- Perform assessments of firewall, router, switches, VPN, SSL concentrator and other network component security configurations.
- Conduct routine hardware, software, and network audits of all supported systems to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and tests network systems to ensure integration of software, hardware, reliability, and maintainability.
- Configures and supports network software on file servers and desktops.
- Resolves hardware/software problems.
- Performs installation of network equipment and software as required.
- Administers software applications, network systems and SQL server databases.
- 3+ years of progressively more responsible work experience in networks, internet protocols, Microsoft OS, and other networking products
- Preferred Skills: Audio / Video experience, Cisco VoIP phone system, Experience with SAN and NAS technologies and Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCVP certifications
- Experience with Microsoft end point configuration or SCCM along with Azure
- Knowledge of networking principles to include understanding of TCP/IP, IP Subnetting, VLANs, Ethernet, DHCP, DNS, and QoS
- Experience installing and supporting switches, routers, firewalls, VPN, wireless and load balancing.
- Experience with installing, configuring, troubleshooting VMware virtual servers.
- Network backup experience using Veeam, Backup Exec or related tools.
- Experience researching, investigating, evaluating, and qualifying potential new equipment for network deployment.
- 1+ year of cyber security or understanding of security concepts and technologies, would be helpful but not required.
Monday, March 14, 2022