Network Engineer II
Vital Tech Solutions
- Midland, MI
Job Description: IT Network Engineer II
Location: Midland, MI
- (Candidate will be required to be onsite in the Midland, MI location)
- Designs, implements, and maintains network communication infrastructure components, such as routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, wireless systems, communication devices, cabling, etc.
- Maintains network equipment and network management systems at correct software levels.
- Troubleshoots LAN and WAN related communication and configuration problems.
- Recommends and prepares equipment configurations for additions and modifications to the network infrastructure to meet the needs of applications and users consistent with established organizational standards and practices.
- Monitors, manages, and reports network performance and resource utilization; projects future utilization and recommends capacity and upgrade approaches. Analyzes network traffic to resolve and prevent problems.
- Plans and implements network communication approaches and protocols for routing, switching and other elements related to communication between network devices.
- Investigates, recommends, implements and monitors technical network security approaches and compliance to help protect the IT infrastructure from external intrusion and internal threats.
- Leads the development, implementation and management of various naming, designation and address assignment systems and related servers consistent with clients’ standards and operational requirements.
- Investigates opportunities and develops proposals to take advantage of network and computing technologies that best meet needs of organization. Leads and participates on project teams to implement projects throughout organization.
- Participates and typically leads on building and design project teams as representative of IR department.
- Leads troubleshooting and problem-solving efforts for a broad range of IT technical issues and involving a number of IT related disciplines.
- Consults with users, IT department members, and others in the organization on network issues and capabilities and other areas of expertise.
- Trains others on network technologies, installation standards, best practices, and related topics.
- Develops and tests disaster recovery plan for network communications.
- Develops and implements backup strategies appropriate to applications and consistent with user needs.
- Assists in the management of network servers and software, including network application support and administration of network servers.
Key Must Have’s:
- Associates Degree in related field - Required - Bachelors - Preferred
- 7 Years of experience as a Network Engineer, required
- Cisco CCNA - Highly preferred
Friday, July 23, 2021