Guidewire / GOSU Developer - Commercial Lines
Vital Tech Solutions
- Frankenmuth, MI, United States
Guidewire / GOSU Developer – Commercial Lines
Under general supervision and with independent judgment, develops, encodes, tests, debugs, documents, and installs programs to support business applications by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze, develop, and lead the execution of efficient and cost-effective project plans for system design across multiple areas within Information Technology. Lead complex projects established as corporate priorities throughout the company.
- Prepare project plans by gathering, analyzing, and making recommendations based on client input. Limited coordination with clients throughout the project lifecycle.
- Design business and technical solutions by interfacing with internal resources across all areas within Information Technology.
- Create and maintain supporting documentation for application features and functions.
- Design and develop high-level functional requirements and scope acceptance for new development and enhancements of applications, products, and services.
- Transform functional requirements into system specifications by writing clear and concise application requirements documents.
- Unit test and implement the application, product, and/or service within the area of responsibility as well as provide support throughout the project lifecycle.
- Define detailed test plan and acceptance criteria.
- Participate in problem definition, analysis, and development of solutions.
- Provide quality assurance.
- Develop technical designs for application development
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing and debugging
- Create and maintain supporting documentation for application features and functions
- Collaborate with Business Systems Analysts to transform functional requirements into system specifications
- Work with advanced programming logic and techniques
- Ensure programs effectively interface across various applications
- Analyze and improve application performance
- Participate in problem definition, analysis and development of solutions
- Work on a development team using Agile methodology to deliver automation solutions
- Balance project priorities and ensure deadlines are met
Key Must Have’s:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5+ years of experience in Guidewire Policy Center (preferably with Commercial Lines products)
- Experience utilizing GOSU
- Strong design, development, modification, and deployment skills, including object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Knowledge of P&C Insurance domain preferred
Friday, July 30, 2021