IT Field Technician / Tech Support, Level II
Vital Tech Solutions
- Detroit, MI
Job Title: IT Field Technician/Tech Center Specialist, Level II
Michigan-based IT & Telecom organization has an opening for a Level 2-3, Full Time IT Field Technician / Tech Center Specialist. We are looking for talented technicians who can provide great technical support, someone who is energetic, projects a positive and professional image, has a strong sense of urgency and detailed oriented to work in fast paced rapidly growing business.
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Training Others
- Firewalls and Routers (Sophos a plus)
- Geek Squad or Similar
- VoIP Systems
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels.
- Provide support for all hardware, software, network related issues, and peripherals (wireless access points, switches, firewalls, Camera/DVR, VoIP telephones, printers, door access/control systems)
- Clients: Install/Troubleshooting Windows 10, Windows7, Windows XP, IOS
- Servers: Install/Troubleshooting Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2013
- Firewall/Router support and maintenance
- Working with the Microsoft Office 365/Office Suite, Teams, Azure AD InTune, Dropbox, Quickbooks, Qlik Sense, Adobe Products, Active Directory, and a variety of other applications.
- Removal of viruses/malware
- Software upgrades and installation
- PC Imaging and configuration
- Helping end users understand software.
- Enter all calls into Help Desk ticketing system, and update tickets accordingly in a timely fashion.
- Strictly adhere to all escalation procedures to ensure all problems are resolved in a timely manner and with the highest level of customer service.
- Apply skills described above to resolve clients’ issues.
- Basic knowledge to support Mac and iOS devices.
Technical/License/Certification qualifications (not required, but a plus):
- Associates Degree or equivalent Technical Experience (required)
- CompTIA A+, MCSE, MCP, CCNA, (Preferred)
- Experience with Help Desk Ticketing applications (ConnectWise a plus)
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have/own transportation.
- Must successfully pass a background security check.
- Frequently moves/lifts computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to manipulate small hand tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to translate IT technical language into everyday terms which users can understand, specifically non-technical senior management.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to participate and contribute during crisis times, assist team members/leads, as needed.
- Demonstrate ownership and responsibility in all assignments.
- Build and nurture positive working relationship with customers with the intention to exceed their Expectations
Tuesday, September 7, 2021