Systems Engineering Manager
Vital Tech Solutions
- Farmington, MI
Job Title: Systems Engineering Manager
Location: Farmington Hills, MI / Hybrid
We're currently looking for an excited and talented Engineering Manager – Systems to help us push our organization forward by helping us in the following areas:
- Coaching of the development projects in the application of systems engineering
- Coordination of interfaces with other processes inside and outside R&D
- Maintenance of the system engineering process and documentation (methods, templates, etc.)
- Support pilot projects, gather knowledge and feedback into process definition.
- Actively drive permanent optimization of process landscape, participate lessons learned approach
- Deep understanding of cybersecurity and the relationship between threat, vulnerability, and information value in the context of risk management
- Lead all major customer related activities relevant to cyber security requirements, reports, and tools for connected vehicle products
- Assist with architecture process creation and product development security program creation
- Collaborate on advanced engineering projects with outside customers, suppliers, government, and internal teams with security event response plans.
- Assist Product Development in proof-of-concepts with new features and technology related to security
- Development of design validation methodologies (DVM) for module features to hand off for testing teams
- Knowledge of third-party management leading practices and the potential cybersecurity risks involved in third-party relationships.
- Proficiency with common cybersecurity management frameworks, regulatory requirements, and industry leading practices.
- Deep understanding of the operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses.
- You will join the talented RF team, hardware production team, and software team to help current RF products and develop new advanced & high-quality SW designs.
- You will use your expertise to help the company develop new wireless production and win new business.
- You will guide and advise the RF SW design product development team in their SW Design, Release, and Testing.
- You will be supporting multiple programs and the Subject Matter Experts in the SW Development Process and monitor and audit the teams accordingly to make sure that they are continuously improving and producing top notched design.
- Development & Maintenance of SW Quality Systems Management
- Applied Familiarity of SW Development Process via the V-Model of System and Software Design and Development
- Understanding of ASPICE Requirements and Application Thereof
- Development of functional and technical safety concepts for system, hardware, and software architectures to achieve and maintain safety of automotive systems per ISO 26262 requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field. A master's degree is preferred but not required.
- 8+ years of technical experience, which may be in the field of electronic hardware, software, or systems engineering, or a combination of all these.
- 5+ years’ experience in design and development with application of Safety standards ISO26262 and IEC61508
- Relevant experience may include the development of engineering software and tools for embedded control environments, including Matlab, Simulink, dSpace, LabView,
- Ideally the candidate will have already achieved ISO 26262 certification.
- ASPICE Certification a plus, but not a requirement
- Familiarity of AutoSAR Practices and Approaches a Plus
Monday, June 13, 2022