Senior Electrical Engineer
Vital Tech Solutions
- Plymouth, MI
Position: Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Plymouth, MI / Hybrid
This person will be responsible for detailed electronic circuit and system design, validation, technical customer interface, and specifications for electronic control modules. Be a lead senior-level electrical engineer, subject matter expert and mentor for the engineering team developing electronic modules for OE and Aftermarket applications. Responsible for detailed circuit and system design, specifications, validation test plans, analysis, manufacturing interface, and technical customer interface.
- Develop detailed analog, digital electronic and embedded microprocessor circuits and schematics including the specification of components.
- Work closely with manufacturing and the cross functional team during each phase of a project
- Follow the defined APQP / Product Development Process to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Lead Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA) and Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Develop and execute DV / PV plans; evaluate compliance, write reports
- Lead and support Design Reviews for compliance with engineering requirements and best practices
- Lead the development of assigned programs; requires knowledge of automotive electrical systems, analog circuits, digital circuits, CAN, LIN, and other automotive electrical environment requirements.
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Direct and coordinate building of prototype products or systems.
- Support warranty or customer plant return part analysis to determine root cause and drive improvements.
- Interface with customers to build relationships, define requirements, communicate status, meet and exceed expectations and build their confidence in our ability to be a strategic supplier
- Actively support initiatives to maintain a positive respectful work environment, foster team spirit, build alliances, learn, grow, innovate, bring exciting new products to market, and have fun
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of relevant experience in automotive electronics circuit design and development
- Subject matter expertise in analog & digital electronic circuits with embedded microprocessors
- Working knowledge of designing for EMC, circuit simulation and analysis, WCCA, DFMEA
- Working knowledge of PCB and schematic capture software
- Experience with mechatronics, wireless communications, phone apps, Functional Safety, automotive lighting, wire harness design and/ or Automated Driver Assistance features
- Experience in automotive requirements definition, specifications, testing, validation, and quality.
- Exposure to designing electronic modules complying with AUTOSAR.
- Experience working in an environment which drives ASPICE Level 1 & 2 compliance
Thursday, April 28, 2022