Vital Tech Solutions
- Detroit, MI
Job Title: Network Administrator
Location: downtown Detroit, MI
Under the general direction of the Lead Network/Server Specialist, provides network and computer systems support for end-users. Resolves hardware and software problems. Performs maintenance, support and LAN administration for network and associated equipment.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manages network security initiatives and implementation which will include:
- Perform security assessment of firewall, router, switches, VPN, SSL concentrator and other network component security configurations.
- Conduct routine hardware, software, and network audits of all supported systems to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Perform Vulnerability, penetration, and benchmark testing as well as ability to remediate vulnerability or security compromise.
- Create Security incident response policies and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and tests network systems to ensure integration of software, hardware, reliability, and maintainability.
- Monitors daily performance of computer network.
- Coordinate’s maintenance of servers and network equipment.
- Provides end-user support for troubleshooting and resolution of complex computer and network problems.
- Responsible for completion of projects and working under high levels of responsibility and autonomy. At times may serve as project Lead.
- Provides documentation for hardware/software inventory and system definitions.
- Implements and maintains processes, procedures and associated plans for network infrastructure including administration, usage, security, and disaster recovery.
- Creates and maintains standards related to network system configurations, security, and service records.
- Resolves hardware/software problems. Consults with technical personnel from vendors to develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Performs installation of network equipment and software as required.
- Administers software applications, network systems and SQL server databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 3+ years of progressively more responsible work experience in networks, internet protocols, Microsoft OS, and other networking products. (Preferred Skills: Audio / Video experience, Cisco VoIP phone system, Experience with SAN and NAS technologies and Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCVP certifications)
- 1-year of cyber security work experience with good understanding of security concept and technologies to include.
- Working knowledge of Firewall with experience in FortiGate Firewalls preferred
- Experience with antivirus (AV) and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) security tools
- Knowledge of networking / security tools such as BitLocker, Intune, and Cat-Pro, SolarWinds preferred.
- Working knowledge of SolarWinds Log and Event Manager preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft end point configuration manager or SCCM
- Strong knowledge of networking principles to include understanding of TCP/IP, IP Subnetting, VLANs, Ethernet, DHCP, DNS, and QoS.
- Experience installing and supporting switches, routers, firewalls, VPN, wireless and load
- Experience with installing, configuring, troubleshooting VMware virtual servers.
- Experience researching, investigating, evaluating, and qualifying potential new equipment for network deployment.
Wednesday, July 14, 2021