We are seeking to hire a qualified Structural Engineer with 5+ years’ experience in design of large commercial structures.
Responsibilities will include:
• Performing structural computations in the design and analysis of concrete, steel or other miscellaneous structures
• Creating analysis models and interpreting results for 2D and 3D structural frames
• Assisting with construction administrative tasks, including site visits and shop drawing review
• Understanding load paths for gravity and lateral loads and calculating applicable loads based on appropriate building codes
• Assisting with design drawings, quantities, cost estimates, specifications, reports and other project deliverables while working with the structures team
• Preparing technical studies and reports
• Interface with both Clients and Contractors
• Lead project development
Clients will include architects, developers, institutions, and contractors. In addition to all the skills listed below, the qualified candidate should possess a strong “can-do” customer service attitude.
• 5+ years’ experience in relevant commercial building design
• Demonstrated career growth that includes experience working on design teams for a variety of building types
• Master’s in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural
• P.E./S.E. a plus, but ability to obtain P.E. in first year is a must
• Candidates must be proactive, have strong organizational skill, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be client-service oriented
In addition to the above, the qualified candidate will have relevant experience working on design of office buildings, commercial, sports, aviation, healthcare, education, and cultural buildings with construction costs of $25 million and up.