Business Development and Marketing Coordinator
- Houston , Texas
WeHire Group is currently working with a Top Houston Law Firm client in search of a Business Development and Marketing Coordinator
This Business Development & Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative and business development support to the Global Projects & Infrastructure and Energy industry groups as well as to the Houston office. Working under the direction of the Business Development Manager.
- Hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm! (37 hour work week)
- Flex Remote Days (2 days a week at home)
- Growing Department and Firm (Lots of room to grow)
This role is ideal for driven candidates who have an interest in business development and marketing in a fast-paced and intellectually stimulating environment. This role will also support other strategic initiatives that align with the firm’s strategic plan, including Country initiatives, and will require working closely and collaboratively with the rest of the Global Business Development & Marketing team.
- Business/Client Plans – Assist and support manager with drafting and executing on business plans and client strategies, and with tracking implementation and progress against the plans.
- Marketing Materials – Assist and support with the development and maintenance of marketing materials (e.g. brochures, presentations, newsletters and other materials); gathering information and sometimes drafting content for newsletter.
- CRM Database - Leverage the firm’s CRM database (InterAction) for business development purposes (e.g. pulling activity reports, contact lists for invitations; maintaining contact lists; etc.).
- Events/Sponsorships/Meetings - Support client events and sponsorships as well as internal group meetings; serve as central resource for logistics (e.g. meeting rooms, telephone and video conferencing needs, event set-up, delivering materials etc.); manage communications including invitations and RSVPs, meeting invites, internal socializing and external communications; leveraging appropriate teams within the firm to support various tasks including RSVPs, CLE credit, catering, etc.; and attending meetings and events to provide support on-site.
- Experience Lists - Assist in deal tracking, including recording deals in the firm’s experience database.
- RFPs/RFIs/Presentations - Assist with and, at times, lead responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs), and presentations to clients; gather relevant information and materials; draft language, handle edits and support the initiative through delivery ensuring attorney and client deadlines are met; and update pitch files and pitch tracking system.
- Directory/League Table Submissions – Help with the compilation of experience and additional information to produce directory and league table submissions; set up researcher interviews; and streamline tracking of rankings and accolades for groups.
- Collaborate with other firm departments and teams including but not limited to, the broader Business Development & Marketing Team, Communications Team, Design Team, Proposal Team and Web Design Team to ensure firm support, coordination, integration and alignment with the broader Firm strategy.
Specific Technical Skills:
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite software(Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with scheduling and participating on video conferences in a professional setting.
- Familiarity with accepted research techniques and databases typically used for competitive intelligence in a professional services company (e.g., Manzama, Capital IQ, Mergermarket, LexisNexis, Lexology, etc).
Education/Training/Certifications: (required or preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, international studies or other discipline that requires analytical and advanced writing and research skills.
Professional Experience: (required or preferred)
- 3 to 5 years in a business development, marketing and/or research-related position in the professional services arena (e.g., law, accounting, or consulting) with a preference for law.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving capabilities, a team-first and client-service orientation, and stamina.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and deadlines and ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as necessary.
Tuesday, April 26, 2022