Lead Java Developer
- Alexandria, VA
Whizport’s mission is to give IT professionals the power to build dream careers and work with innovative companies where they can make a real difference. We specialize in matching IT professionals offering contract, contingent, and retained search capabilities working in the strictest confidence.
We are looking to connect with a smart Lead Java Developer who has something valuable to bring to the table homing in on your true technical skills.
- Responsible for leading the team and end-to-end Software Solution development
- Develop and tune application using relational database (Oracle and MS SQL Server)
- Develop Restful and Soap APIs
- Developing code in java (Spring framework, Web flow)
- Apply software testing methodologies and oversee application testing using JBehave and selenium
- Configuration of front-end Spring MVC framework integrated with tiles, bootstrap, jQuery, and other plugins.
- 7+ years of experience with the Java language
- Strong technical experience working on Web applications using Java, J2EE, Spring 2.0/3.0/4.0, Struts 1.0/2.0, Servlets, JSP, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, RMI, Multithreading and Software Engineering Process Plan (SEPP)
- Knowledge of administration, development, and deployment skills on IBM WebSphere 6.1/7.0/8.5, BEA WebLogic 9.2/11.0/12.2, and Jboss 4.2.3/5.0/6.0 servers.
- Assist project managers & functional analysts with timelines and technical details for the project.
- · Experience using design patterns and Object-Oriented Methodologies
- · Experience supporting DHS, DoD, or similar Federal agencies strongly preferred
- · Professional certification in Java and/or Oracle strongly preferred
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology / or a related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
$80 - $95 hourly