Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Bethesda, MD, United States
Whizport’s mission is to give IT professionals the power to build dream careers and work with innovative companies where they can make a real difference. We specialize in matching IT professionals offering contract, contingent, and retained search capabilities working in the strictest confidence.
We are looking to connect with a smart Software QA Engineer who has something valuable to bring to the table homing in on your true technical skills.
What you will do:
- Define strategic direction for testing by providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to improve quality practices across the testing team.
- Prepare test strategy applying industry-accepted practices, tools, and technologies.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders, including the Business owner, System Architects, ScrumMaster, developers, and business analysts, to improve the testing infrastructure and mature the standard practices.
- Hands-on and lead QA engineers design and build test architectures, including test automation frameworks, code libraries, etc., to use across the platforms.
- Enhance the architecture of the automated test frameworks for Web and RESTful APIs.
- Support optimization of testing time by leveraging Selenium and Containerize technology.
- Enhance and implement test automation frameworks using Selenium, Java, Selenium Grid, REST Assured, TestNG, Allure, and other infrastructure needed to support automation.
- Integrate with CI/CD tools and pipeline (i.e., Jenkins).
- Lead to create, maintain, and evolve Quality Assurance practices and standards that are leveraged across the company.
- Collaborate with project teams to strategize & align long-term solutions for test automation, including roadmap, tools, framework & approaches.
- Promote a risk-aware culture to ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Conduct QA meetings to sync with global team.
- 3+ years of experience in test automation.
- Four years of hands-on experience with the following test automation technologies/frameworks: Selenium, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Maven, Allure report, Rest Assured, Git/GitHub, Docker, Jira, and Jenkins.
- Three years of hands-on experience coding with Java
- Experience working and managing onshore and offshore automation engineers, including coaching, mentoring, performance reviews, and other duties associated with a leadership role.
- Must have hands-on experience in API testing and knowledge of Rest Assured.
- Hands-on experience working with complex distributed systems, understanding large complex environments, and knowledge of quality and risk-based testing.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans.
- A fun, passionate, and collaborative workplace.
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- Bonus checks.
If this is your background, and you’re open to having a conversation about your background, skills, and career goals – submit your resume, and let’s talk.
Whizport is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
$105,000 - $130,000