Full Stack Senior Software Engineer
- Baltimore, MD
Whizport’s mission is to give IT professionals the power to build dream careers and work with innovative companies to make a real difference. We specialize in matching IT professionals offering contract, contingent, and retained search capabilities working in the strictest confidence.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable, and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes.
- Provide subject matter expertise and direction on microservices architecture and design.
- Developing high and scalable cloud computing systems using AWS and Azure.
- Help design and implement new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite.
- Perform SDLC functions associated with agile development.
- Work independently, but also in a cooperative manner for larger projects.
- Design and develop relational data modeling.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts, and best practices for coding.
- Experience in microservice and Rest development on a cloud platform (AWS - desirable).
- Experience with distributed stream processing technologies (i.e., Elasticsearch, Cassandra).
- Experience working with data pipeline technologies (i.e., Kafka, Active MQ)
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented programming, relational databases, complex integration landscapes with PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity and experience with React and Angular are preferred.
- Self-directed and motivated technical team member capable of delivering reliable and maintainable solutions.
- Experience with building, changing, and versioning infrastructure and software
- Excellent communication skills.
What you can expect from us:
- Energetic team
- Caring and inclusive culture
- Full remote
- Full-time Position
- Modern stack
- Competitive Salary
- No Security Clearance Required
- Health Care
- Retirement Plan