Senior Software Engineer
- Washington, DC
Whizport’s mission is to give IT professionals the power to build dream careers and work with innovative companies to make a real difference. We specialize in matching IT professionals offering contract, contingent, and retained search capabilities working in the strictest confidence.
- Custom programming and support for REST API interactions with third-party apps.
- Effectively communicating with business users in order to identify application modifications in order to incorporate new features, define architecture, develop, and implement technological solutions and strategies. Plan the software development release cycle.
- Using standards, conventions, and best practices to develop reusable, maintainable, and efficient code. Collaborate with a development lead and other members of the team
- Coach other team members on how to deliver a solution and manage several components.
- Create and deploy APIs for partner integration.
- Carry out upgrades to Python/Django/PostgreSQL-based applications.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field is required.
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- Demonstrated knowledge of software design and OOD methodologies
- Experience with data migration and website development
- Knowledge of SOA, Micro Services, and REST APIs
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting abilities
Job Status: Open