- Washington, DC, United States
Whizport’s mission is to give IT professionals the power to build dream careers and work with innovative companies where they can make a real difference. We specialize in matching IT professionals offering contract, contingent, and retained search capabilities working in the strictest confidence.
We are looking to connect with an intelligent Software Developer who has something valuable to bring to the table homing in on your true technical skills.
What you will do:
- Collaborating with management, departments, and customers to identify end-user requirements and specifications
- Designing algorithms and flowcharts to create new software programs and systems
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on requirements
- Testing and deploying programs and applications
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining, and improving existing software
- Compiling and assessing user feedback to improve software performance
- Observing user feedback to recommend improvements to existing software products
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics is required
- 5+ years experience programming with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python, Go, or Perl.
- Experience with Java, Spring boot, GraphQL, Docker
- Experience building high performance, scalable, high throughput applications with service-oriented architecture
- Solid grasp of Linux/Unix operating system and Shell/Perl scripting
- Spark/Scala, Apache Hive SQL tuning experience is a huge plus
- Hands-on DevOps experience using tools like Git, Bitbucket, Cloud bees/Jenkins, Maven
- Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of the following: NET MVC / Core, Entity Framework/LINQ, SQL development (SQL Server, MySQL), Dependency Injection, XML, HTML, CSS, React, Angular, Cryptography, Test-driven development, Continuous Integration/Build Automation, RESTful Services Web Services Security (WSS frameworks)
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans.
- A fun, passionate, and collaborative workplace.
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- Bonus checks.
If this is your background, and you’re open to having a conversation about your background, skills, and career goals – submit your resume, and let’s talk.
Whizport is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
$110,000 - $140,000