- Arlington, VA, United States
Whizport’s mission is to give IT professionals the power to build dream careers and work with innovative companies where they can make a real difference. We specialize in matching IT professionals offering contract, contingent, and retained search capabilities working in the strictest confidence.
We are looking to connect with a smart Business Analyst who has something valuable to bring to the table homing in on your true technical skills.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the design and development of software products that assist in facilitating the exchange of information for professionals
- Analyze a broadly defined area, define high-level epics and stories to provide the required business value
- Develop and analyze functional specifications to define detailed acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with stakeholders, developers, and UX/UI designers to perfect the user experience using user-centric wireframes/mocks
- Understand the inner workings of the applications, architecture, core systems, and other technical platforms
- Assist in the coordination of the Agile/Scrum development process.
- Assist QA in reviewing test cases and ensuring appropriate test coverage.
- Participate in full software lifecycle solutions and learn new technologies.
- Performing user acceptance testing of Sprint deliverables
- Assist in the transition of developed services to operations teams
- Manage priorities and requests in an organized manner
- Understand how services are being used and use that knowledge to inform future developments
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or Information systems or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years overall IT experience with significant experience in IT as an Analyst
- Experience being a part of an agile application team
- Working knowledge of SDLC processes
- Experience in elicitation and analysis of requirements and application design
- Ability to quickly understand and take ownership of business processes and product development plans
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology, particularly with the Product Owner role and with writing User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Experience with writing and executing test cases
- Take pride in delivering software that meets the client’s needs
- Demonstrated ability to work well on a diverse team
- Jira and GitHub experience preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure preferred
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans.
- A fun, passionate, and collaborative workplace.
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- Bonus checks.
If this is your background, and you’re open to having a conversation about your background, skills, and career goals – submit your resume, and let’s talk.
Whizport is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
$90,000 - $120,000