- Rockville, MD, United States
Whizport’s mission is to give IT professionals the power to build dream careers and work with innovative companies where they can make a real difference. We specialize in matching IT professionals offering contract, contingent, and retained search capabilities working in the strictest confidence.
We are looking to connect with a smart DevOps Engineer who has something valuable to bring to the table homing in on your true technical skills.
What you will do:
- Participates in architecture and software development activities
- Build and maintain DevOps Automation strategies working with the Systems Admin and Architecture
- Collaborates with the team to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Experience leveraging continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline tools (e.g., Azure DevOps, CircleCI, Jenkins, TFS)
- Strong Scripting Experience (bash, Perl, Python)
- Command line familiarity on GIT and other version control tools at the (GIT, subversion, Jira)
- Knowledge of Container Ecosystems (Kubernetes, AKS, Openshift, Docker)
- Strong background and experience in Agile
- Bachelor's degree in technical/computer field or related experience required
- Command line familiarity with Git
- Scripting/programming experience using groovy, python, terraform, bash and PowerShell
- Experience in supporting systems from an infrastructure, code, and security concept perspective
- Should have worked with technologies and platforms such as UNIX/Linux, Jenkins, Fortify, Git, Maven, OpenShift, Chef, Kubernetes, or Docker
- AWS Cloud services such as computer networking and security
- Administration experience in DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, JIRA, Fortify, SonarQube, GitLab, Bitlassian, and Nexus
- Working experience with tools such as Tomcat, Kibana, Splunk, WebSphere, Power BI is a plus
- Linux and Windows OS administration
- Familiarity with software development methodologies such as Agile (Scrum, Kanban)
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Java, angular, spring Framework will add value
- ITIL certified or equivalent experience is preferred
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans.
- A fun, passionate, and collaborative workplace.
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- Bonus checks.
If this is your background, and you’re open to having a conversation about your background, skills, and career goals – submit your resume, and let’s talk.
Whizport is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
$105,000 - $140,000