- Washington, DC, United States
Whizport’s mission is to give IT professionals the power to build dream careers and work with innovative companies where they can make a real difference. We specialize in matching IT professionals offering contract, contingent, and retained search capabilities working in the strictest confidence.
The Enterprise Architect will work directly with our offshore technical team and US-based customers' IT leadership to propose and advocate architectural frameworks and technological solutions (e.g., tools, build vs. purchase) for our clients' enterprise education intelligence efforts. It is critical to have a thorough understanding of corporate architecture frameworks as well as extensive experience with Microsoft-based technologies.
This position necessitates strong leadership abilities in order to lead/mentor the architectural team in the development and deployment of technology solutions. Candidates must be highly collaborative with all stakeholders in order to develop a deep understanding of our client's business data solution requirements, design solutions that are aligned with our client's vision and exceed expectations.
- Leading and coordinating enterprise-level architecture development efforts on client engagements, with specific experience developing enterprise-level application/systems architectures, information architectures, and infrastructure architectures in the education services industry.
- Provide guidance for approaches to broad architectural concerns affecting various areas of the client's business, as well as translating corporate strategy into conceptual level architectural requirements.
- Facilitate discussions with technical and business subject-matter experts to document requirements, establish a vision, and articulate alternatives for future state enterprise architectures across multiple architecture domains.
- In collaboration with clients, manage teams and provide technical leadership in the assessment, design, and management of successful IT improvement programs.
- Provide architectural guidelines to Solutions and Technical Architects.
- Engage with client IT leadership and Architecture leadership to prepare a roadmap for the client as well as articulate tradeoffs regarding architectural decisions
- Develop trusted relationships with clients as a strategic technology advisor and collaborate internally across advisory teams to provide clients with the most comprehensive, end-to-end business and IT transformation services to effectively address their business challenges.
- Work with other client engagement team members to plan engagements and create project plans and work programs, timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents.
- Apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems and technological organizations.
- Create and use EA artifacts to communicate effectively with both technical and business audiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as they become apparent.
- A bachelor's degree in information technology, management information systems, or a related field is required. A master's degree is preferred.
- 3 - 4 years of experience as an Enterprise Architect using recognized EA methodologies
- 7+ years of experience as a Solutions or Systems Architect in application development and information infrastructure
- Work or consulting experience in the education industry is a plus
- Prior experience with onshore/offshore teams in a global company is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of key architecture domains (portal, application, data, infrastructure, integration/middleware, and security)
- Understanding of core technologies, such as open standards, database, and integration technologies
- Enterprise Architecture organizational design
- Development of Enterprise Architecture Governance (standards, guidelines, compliance processes, review boards, etc.)
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) design, and governance development
- Knowledge of Microsoft's Technology Stack
- Prior experience developing solution offerings and capabilities is preferred. a track record of collaborating with other business and IT advisory practices to develop an integrated go-to-market strategy
- Understanding of microservice-based architecture patterns
- Prior experience in implementing of microservices
- Demonstrated experience migrating monolithic applications to microservices
- Capable of conducting architectural technical reviews
- Understanding of containerization and containerization orchestration, particularly with regard to on-premises implementations
- Knowledge of various system integrations
- Thorough understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks such as Zachman
- 8. TOGAF certification is preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to bring order to ambiguous situations; candidates must be able to document issues and requirements, as well as determine root causes and develop solutions through concrete analysis and insights.
- Ability to exercise discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to build supportive relationships by establishing trust and credibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as presentation skills. Ability to work with little direction while being proactive in keeping management informed of project-related issues.
- The ability to respectfully challenge ideas and share one's point of view with others in support of business requirements and needs.
- The ability to collaborate with coworkers and staff to create a high-quality, results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- We have offices in India and the United States, as well as clients from all over the world. Coordination with teams, primarily in India, would necessitate early morning phone calls/meetings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, and virtual team presentation tools (e.g., Google Chat/Meet & Currents, Zoom.)