- Saint Louis, MO
Whizport’s mission is to give IT professionals the power to build dream careers and work with innovative companies to make a real difference. We specialize in matching IT professionals offering contract, contingent, and retained search capabilities working in the strictest confidence.
- Lead the development of a product and a shared architecture using agile engineering approaches.
- Collaborate with the hardware/firmware team to ensure that IoT devices are tightly integrated into architecture and products.
- Collaborate with the Technical Director and Product Management to establish objectives for the delivery of new products to the market.
- Ensure that security, scalability, reliability, and observability are embedded into products from the beginning
- Consult on design and architectural concerns throughout Software Engineering
- Be a vocal proponent of agile engineering principles.
- Developing a common architecture to accommodate numerous products
- Developing and deploying scalable apps for public cloud IoT systems and architecture
- Technical leadership with the ability to guide numerous teams
- Developing a DevSecOps culture and practices for infrastructure as code, deployment, and test automation
- Modern engineering approaches (Cloud-native systems/TDD/Refactoring/Simple Design, etc)
- Creating and releasing a number of commercially viable and scalable products
- 10 years of experience or more
- Very passionate about creating a culture of trust, empowerment, inclusion, curiosity, and learning
- Excellent collaborator both within and outside of the technology organization. Excellent communicator of technical topics to business sponsors and product management.
- Strong desire for frequently delivering incremental value in order to gather feedback and iterate
- A data-driven approach to decisions and process improvements
- Able to coach and mentor others
- Prioritizes learning as a way of life
- Ability to travel up to 5% for the role.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of lean software development
- Experience in related fields, such as customer support or data science, is preferred.
- Knowledge of mobile development (both Android and iOS)
- Extensive Azure knowledge
Job Status: Open